[Voxnovus] NM421 > June 8, 2013 - Signs Of Our 60 Times 60 II - 60x60 (2010) UnTwelve Mix - Composer's Voice NYC

Robert Voisey (Vox Novus) RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com
Fri Jun 7 07:48:03 EDT 2013

Can't view this email properly? Click here for the online version
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-06-08.htm>
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421> New Music for the 21st Century

< <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-05-25.htm> June 08, 2013
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-06-15.htm> >

VOX NOVUS NEWSLETTER - New Music for the 21st Century

> POSTCARD: Bermuda Triangles

Vox Novus Calendar

> PERFORMANCE: Composer's Voice - New York City

> PERFORMANCE: Signs Of Our 60 Times 60 II - 60x60 (2010) UnTwelve Mix

> PERFORMANCE: Fifteen Minutes of Fame

OPPORTUNITIES

> Fifteen Minutes of Fame - call for scores - piano solo

> Composer's Voice - call for proposals - HARD EIGHT

> Composer's Site - composer opportunities

NM421 ARCHIVES

Bermuda Triangles

Bermuda Triangles
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/postcard/13-06-08-Bermuda_Triangles.jpg

When polled, percussionists of all the major U.S. orchestras said they
preferred Bermuda Triangle Company products two to one over other competing
brands. Their only complaint was that the instruments, on a regular basis,
tended to go missing.

<http://www.davidgunn.org> David Gunn

<http://www.davidgunn.org> David Gunn
www.DavidGunn.org

Upcoming Performances

Composer's Voice
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Composers_Voice_logo_2012.jpg>

Composer's Voice curated by Andy Cohen
<http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/program/13-06-09.htm>

Sunday June 9, 2013 - 1:00 PM

Composer's Voice Presents it's Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Alex Sramek,
contrabass clarinet: 15 one-minute pieces by 15 composers from around the
world, writing specifically for this project and performer to be premiered
on this concert! Alex Sramek is a Los Angeles-based clarinetist, composer,
and purveyor of shenanigans. MFA from CalArts in hand, this refugee from
software engineering has recently made a playful nuisance of himself playing
in a klezmer/rock band, guesting with a drone/doom tuba duo, leading improv
sessions across Europe, teaching a room full of Clarinetfest attendees
grotesque extended techniques, writing minimalist songs for
obsessive-compulsive children, and thrilling unsuspecting guests with
impromptu restroom concerts. "Is he a beginner?" - Woman in Central Park,

Andy Evan Cohen is a classically-trained composer (Oberlin, Manhattan School
of Music) who primarily works in theatre. His recent credits include the
off-Broadway US Premiere of Vassily Sigarev's Black Milk; the world premiere
of Incendiary Agents by Jack Karp; The Private Theater's multi-media
adaptation of Strindberg's Playing With Fire at The Box, and the world
premiere of the spoof musical Hungry Hungry Games (soon to be touring
nationwide.)

Alec A. Head is an actor/musician currently plying his trade in New York. He
has contributed music to The Shelter Presents: Night Windows, T. Schreiber
Studios' production of Anton Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard (in which he also
played the part of Yepikhodov), and Snorks and Pins' By The Light of the
Match (in which he also acted). As a session musician, he recently
contributed lead guitar to Greg Mattern's first solo effort. He is also the
guitarist and frontman of Brooklyn-based atmospheric metal band Ghostbound.

Composer's Voice Concert Series is an opportunity for contemporary composers
to express their musical aesthetic and personal "voice" created in their
compositions. Started in 2001, the "Composer's Voice" concert series has
presented over 100 concerts throughout the world.

<http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/program/13-06-09.htm> Click here to
see the concert program

Composer <http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/> 's Voice concert
Sunday June 9, 2013 1:00PM
Jan Hus Presbyterian Church
www.janhus.org
351 East 74th Street,
New York, NY 10021-3798
FREE ADMISSION

Signs Of Our 60 Times 60 II - 60x60 (2010) UnTwelve Mix
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Sign_of_the_60_times_60_II.jpg>

Signs Of Our 60 Times 60 II - 60x60 (2010) UnTwelve Mix

Saturday, June 8, 2013 - 8:00pm

Description Signs Of Our 60 Times 60 II Saturday June 8, 2013 - 8:00 pm
Signs Of Our 60 Times 60 II vox novus and mobius present Signs Of Our 60
Times 60 II an evening of sound and video The 60x60 2010 UnTwelve Mix 60
one-minute microtonal compositions by 60 composers plus the premiere of The
Signs Of Our 60 Times 60 II Video Slideshow which features images by over
100 visual artists mashed with one-minute sound pieces by over 20 composers
60x60 (2010 / UnTwelve Mix) Vox Novus in collaboration with UnTwelve created
a special microtonal mix of the 60x60 project. In this particular instance,
the 60 works will have an "UnTwelve" slant, as the emphasis will be on music
which explores tuning or microtones. The miniatures we will present will all
be part of what we call the UnTwelve Mix--short works with a focus of the
novel beauty of tuning which escapes the rigid boundaries of 12-tone equal
temperament, and the use of microtones. All of these works are compelling
and worth hearing, including pulse pounding music, gorgeous harmonies, dark
and moody soundscapes, humorous vignettes, and ecstatic dreamworlds.

This event is being presented by Jane Wang at Mobius and the audio
coordinator of the 60x60 UnTwelve mix is Aaron Krister Johnson.

Composers in the 60x60 (2010 / UnTwelve Mix) include:
Monty Adkins, Sean Archibald, Christopher Bailey, Alexander Baker, Mark
Ballora, Cameron Bobro, Warren Burt, Ann Cantelow, Thomas Ciufo, Elise
Cumberland, Thomas Dempster, Phil Edelstein, Mark Eden, Robert Fanelli,
Enrico Francioni, Michael Gaiuranos, Douglas Geers, Monroe Golden, Kraig
Grady, Andy Hasenpflug, Joel Hickman, Anthony Hood, Chuckk Hubbard, Aaron
Krister Johnson, Ioannis Kalantzis, Tova Kardonne, Christopher Keyes, Kevin
Kissinger, Mike Leghorn, Robert Lepre, Patrick Liddell, Mike McFerron,
Joseph Pehrson, Samuel Pellman, Andrian Pertout, Scott Peterson, Momilani
Ramstrum, Prent Rodgers, Gilberto Rosa, Jose Ivan Sanchez, Tommy Scheurich,
Ethan Schwartz, Les Scott, George Secor, Daniel Sedgwick, Carlo Serafini,
Bob Siebert, Anthony St.Pierre, Penko Stoitschev, Agnes Szelag, Chris
Vaisvil, Victor Valentim, Rob Voisey, Randall West, Danny Wier, Brent
Wilcox, Ozan Yarman, Zachary Young, and Mark Zaki

More can be found at: http://www.voxnovus.com/60x60/2010_UnTwleve_Mix.htm
<http://www.voxnovus.com/60x60/2010_UnTwelve_Mix.htm>

Signs Of Our 60 Times 60 II - 60x60 (2010) UnTwelve Mix
Saturday, June 8, 2013 - 8:00 pm
Mobius
55 Norfolk Street
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
suggested donation $10

David Bohn <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/David_Bohn.jpg> Fifteen
Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo_new.jpg>

Fifteen Minutes of Fame: David Bohn

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 12:15 pm

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: David Bohn to be performed Wednesday, June 12, 2013
as part of the Lunchtime Organ Recital Series - 2013. The World Premiere of
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: David Bohn, organ featuring 15 one-minute works by
15 composers written specifically for this event by composers: Daniel
Arnold; Rodrigo Baggio; Pedro Bernardez; James Bohn; Erik Branch; Scott
Brickman; Fermino Gomes; Stanley Hoffman; Dmitry Kitsenko; Bettie Ross;
Edward Ruchalski; Aurelio Scotto; Juan Maria Solare; Jean-Pierre Vial; and
Justin Walker will take place 12:15, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at the Faith
Lutheran Church, 601 E Glendale Avenue, Appleton, Wisconsin 54911.

More can be found at:
<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/featuring/David_Bohn/>

June 12, 2013 12:15 PM
Faith Lutheran Church
601 E Glendale Avenue
Appleton, Wisconsin 54911

Calendar

<http://www.voxnovus.com/calendar> Calendar of Vox Novus Events

Composer's Site
<http://www.composerssite.com/sites/all/themes/composer_theme/cpcc.jpg>

New Opportunities

Expiring Opportunities

*

Washington Metropolitan Philharmonic Washington Metropolitan Youth
Orchestra <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3542>
Deadline: 6 Aug 2013
*

2013 UnCaged Toy Piano CALL FOR SCORES: Music for Toy Piano +
Unconventional Instrument <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3540>
Deadline: 15 Jul 2013
*

Central Michigan University New Music Ensemble is currently seeking
new works <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3541>
Deadline: 1 Aug 2013
*

Keene State College Department of Music 2013 Call for Scores
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3539>
Entry Fee: 20.00
Deadline: 15 Jul 2013
*

Zion National Park Artist in Residence program - 2014
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3538>
Entry Fee: 35.00
Deadline: 19 Jul 2013
*

Choral Composition Contest 2013
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3537>
Entry Fee: 25.00
Deadline: 3 Oct 2013
*

Trio Anima Mundi Composition Prize - 2013
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3536>
Entry Fee: 30.00
Deadline: 12 Jul 2013
*

New writings on sound and music
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3535>
Deadline: 31 Jul 2013
*

Sounding Out: Voices Now
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3533>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 23 Jun 2013
*

Walking Wiltshires White Horses
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3534>
Deadline: 28 Jun 2013
*

CEMIcircles: call for submissions
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3532>
Deadline: 30 Jun 2013
*

NACUSA - 2013 National Conference Meeting Call for scores
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3531>
Deadline: 1 Jul 2013
*

Visiting Assistant Professor: Composition The University of Montana
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3530>
Deadline: 31 Jul 2013
*

Call for Commissions: composers and writers
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3528>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 30 Jun 2013
*

<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3527> Ile de creations
2014
Deadline: 1 Oct 2013

*

CALL FOR SCORES <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3470> SEE
HEAR
Deadline: 7 Jun 2013
*

Isang Yun International Composition Prize 2013
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3404>
Entry Fee: 45.00
Deadline: 7 Jun 2013
*

Call for works/ BabelScores
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3244> R Reading Panel 2013
Deadline: 10 Jun 2013
*

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Happy Birthday Maestro Verdi with pianist
Giuseppe Lupis <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/2528>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 10 Jun 2013
*

Singapore Chinese Orchestra Composer Workshop 2013
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3505>
Deadline: 10 Jun 2013
*

Association d <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/2863> edalo
ensemble announces the seventh edition of the International Composition
Competition
Entry Fee: 70.00
Deadline: 14 Jun 2013
*

CALL - 14th Electroacoustic Composition Competition M
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3518> usica Viva 2013, Lissabon
Deadline: 14 Jun 2013
*

Hilltown New Music Festival 2013: Call for Music Scores, Ireland
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3436>
Deadline: 14 Jun 2013
*

Mivos/Kanter String Quartet Composition Prize 2013
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3350>
Entry Fee: 5.00
Deadline: 15 Jun 2013
*

CODA 2013 International Composition Contest Call For Scores
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3255>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 15 Jun 2013
*

COMPOSERS ASSOCIATION OF SERBIA 22nd International Review of
Composers <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3183>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 15 Jun 2013
*

STUDIO 300 Digital Art and Music Festival, 2013
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3451>
Deadline: 15 Jun 2013
*

<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/2854> "2 AGOSTO"
INTERNATIONAL COMPOSING COMPETITION
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 16 Jun 2013
*

Third Annual Electroacoustic Barn Dance
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3433>
Deadline: 16 Jun 2013
*

Creative commission opportunities at Kew Gardens - summer 2014
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3520>
Deadline: 17 Jun 2013
*

Junior Composers Institute
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3196>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 18 Jun 2013

Opportunities

Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo.jpg>

<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/calls/>
Fifteen Minutes of Fame

CALL FOR WORKS

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Happy Birthday
Maestro Verdi
with pianist Giuseppe Lupis

Deadline June 10, 2013

Vox Novus is calling for one-minute pieces composed for
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Giuseppe Lupis, piano to be premiered October 10,
2013, 8.00 p.m. Sherman Van Solkema Concert Hall, at Grand Valley State
University, Allendale, MI. This call is open to all composers. All works
must be 60 seconds or less. Theme: "Happy Birthday Maestro Verdi" Notable
composer Giuseppe Verdi was born on October 10, 1813. To celebrate his
bicentennial, composers are encouraged to submit works for solo piano
inspired by the music or life of Giuseppe Verdi and the theme "Happy
Birthday Maestro Verdi." Compositions do not necessarily have to include
themes by Verdi or be imitative of Verdi's music; but should have some
connection. The composers can interpret this creatively. Submitted works can
be written in any style and use any technique. Works that feature the
peculiar characteristics of the piano are welcome.

Giuseppe Lupis
<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Guiseppe_Lupis.jpg>

Pianist and composer Giuseppe Lupis enjoys more than twenty years of
experience in the musical field, with frequent appearances in the United
States, South America, and Europe. As composer, Lupis aims at restoring the
prominence piano enjoyed in the 19th Century by featuring the peculiar
characteristics of the instrument. In crafting his works, Lupis gives great
consideration to the performer, the audience, and the musical language.
Lupis' works have been broadcast by Sky Classica TV, TV2000, Rai3 Lazio,
Vatican Radio, and presented at the Berlin Philharmonic, Queen Elizabeth
Theatre in Vancouver, Opera House in Copenhagen, Martha Argerich Presents
Project in Buenos Aires, Argentina; in Rome, London, New York, Dallas,
Chicago, Rio de Janeiro, Seoul, and across the United States, Canada, Italy,
Poland, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, and South Korea. A former
pupil of Aldo Ciccolini, Lupis holds a Doctoral degree from the University
of Georgia and serves on the piano faculty at Grand Valley State University.

<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/calls/#13-06-10> Click
here for more details

Composer's Voice
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Composers_Voice_logo_2012.jpg>

<http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/calls/>
Composer's Voice
CALL FOR WORKS

Calling for Proposals for HARD EIGHT

Hard Eight <http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Hard_Eight.gif>

Deadline August 8, 2013

Composer's Voice is calling for performance proposals for its
concert scheduled December 8th, 2013. The theme for the concert is "Hard
Eight" All proposals must be less than 8 minutes in total; applicants are
STRONGLY urged to keep their proposals for performances between 4-8 minutes.
The concert is a celebration of Composer's Voice founder and Director Robert
Voisey for his 44th birthday.

Performance Proposals should include:
- Title
- Relation to theme - (program notes)
- Instrumentation
- Length of performance
- Biographies of performers and composers
- All proposals should be submitted by August 8, 2013 to
composersvoicesubmit at gmail.com
- The email subject should read Hard Eight - your name - Title of Proposal

Chosen applicants will receive a performance slot on Composer's
Voice concert December 8th, 2013 at Jan Hus Church in New York City, PR and
administrative assistance from Composer's Voice, and the heartfelt
appreciation of Robert Voisey. :)

Proposals should indicate if they need Vox Novus and Composer's
Voice to help recruit musicians. Any and all questions should be address to
composersvoicesubmit at gmail.com with "Hard Eight" in the subject heading.

Hard Eight <http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Hard_Eight.gif>

Dice (commonly known as craps), is a game often played for money
where the player (referred to as the shooter) rolls 2 dice hoping to roll a
winning combination. The number 8 can be obtained 3 ways. The "easy way" by
rolling a 6 and 2 or a 3 and 5, or the "hard way" by rolling a 4 and 4.
"Hard" numbers are any 2 pair combinations: 2 and 2, 3 and 3, 4 and 4, 5 and
5, and 6 and 6. Betting on the "hard" number combination results in a larger
return when it is thrown.

Rob Voisey will be turning 44 on this Composer's Voice concert in
December; and it will be "hard" as the age suggests. *Crap* :)

<http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/calls/> Click here for more details
http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/calls/

Vox Novus Projects

<http://www.voxnovus.com> Vox Novus