[Voxnovus] NM421> April 24, 2015 - Composer's Voice review Southern Trajectory -60X60 WAVE FARM MIX + AMPLITUDE LIVE - Circuit Bridges: First Bridges - fteen_minutes-of-Fame with Hayk Arsenyan

Robert Voisey (Vox Novus) RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com
Fri Apr 24 09:49:14 EDT 2015

Can't view this email properly? Click here for the online version
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/15-04-17.htm>

 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421> New Music for the 21st Century

April 24, 2015

VOX NOVUS NEWSLETTER
New Music for the 21st Century
> Leggierissimo
> Southern Trajectory
> 60X60 WAVE FARM MIX + AMPLITUDE LIVE
> Circuit Bridges: First Bridges
> Fifteen_minutes-of-Fame with Hayk Arsenyan
Vox Novus Calendar
ANNOUNCEMENTS
> Selections for the Fifteen-MInutes-of-Fame with Alex Lubet
OPPORTUNITIES
> Composer Opportunites on Music Avatar
 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 Leggierissimo
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/postcard/15-04-24-Leggierissimo.jpg>

Leggierissimo

The musical term leggierissimo means a passage is to be played "very
lightly." However, a misunderstanding of the word by Dinklaker Chamber
Orchestra conductor Meptang - who later admitted he didn't speak Mandarin -
led to an unusual rendering of Gustav Pringler's already controversial
"Etude Brute."

 <http://www.davidgunn.org> David Gunn

For 10? years,  <http://www.davidgunn.org> David Gunn co-hosted the
ASCAP-Deems Taylor Award-winning radio show, Kalvos & Damian's New Music
Bazaar. The show is archived at www.kalvos.org. Gunn's own website,
http://davidgunn.org, contains numerous recordings and scores of his
compositions. Gunn is also a writer and humorist, and examples of both can
also be found on his website. He lives simultaneously in Barre, Vermont.

www.davidgunn.org

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 60x60 Wave Farm Mix
<http://www.voxnovus.com/orchestra60x60/data/images/60x60_Logo.jpg>  60x60
Wave Farm Mix <http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Wave_Farm_logo.jpg>

60X60 WAVE FARM MIX + AMPLITUDE LIVE
April 30, 2015
Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm

There will be a special presentation of 60x60 Wave Farm Mix at Pioneer Works
in Broooklyn, NY at 5 p.m. on Thursday April 30, 2015. 60?60 Wave Farm Mix
features sixty sixty-second works, created with, for, and about radio and
transmission. Included are works by Amplitude artists Cameron Fraser and
Chatori Shimizu. Co-presented by Vox Novus and Wave Farm.

Amplitude Live is a sonic happening featuring performances and ecstatic
utterances from artists in the Columbia School of the Arts Sound Arts
program. Chatori Shimizu, Frank Spigner, Alice Emily Baird, Nolan Lem, and
Cameron Fraser will each premiere new works, and friends of the program will
also participate. Curated by Cameron Fraser.

Vox Novus and Wave Farm are delighted to collaborate on a special edition of
60x60 focused on Radio Art. Selected from an international open call, 60
works (created with, for, about radio and transmission) with durations of 60
seconds, comprise this eleventh annual 60x60 project. 60x60 Wave Farm Mix
will be featured as an FM broadcast on Wave Farm's WGXC 90.7-FM; distributed
as a Wave Farm Dispatch Series download; and featured in a series of live
listening events.

60?60 is a one-hour-long show made by sequencing 60 pre-recorded pieces by
60 different composers, each piece a minute in length or shorter. Every
one-minute piece will be played continuously without pause. Each of the 60
pieces will begin precisely at the beginning of the minute, this will mark
the end of one piece and the beginning of another.

About Wave Farm
Wave Farm is a non-profit arts organization that celebrates creative and
community use of media and the airwaves. Wave Farm programs programs support
artists who engage the transmission spectrum, on the airwaves and through
public events and include the Wave Farm Artist Residency Program, and
international visiting artist program; and the Transmission Arts Archive, a
living genealogy of artists' experiments with broadcast media and the
airwaves. Wave Farm's WGXC-FM is a creative community radio station that
commits over 60 hours a week to transmission art and experimental sound.
wavefarm.org <http://www.wavefarm.org>

About Vox Novus
Vox Novus is new music production and promotion company. Its mission is to
cultivate a music community and make new music readily available to the
greater public. Vox Novus accomplishes this mission through its concert
programs:  <http://www.60x60.com> 60x60,  <http://www.ComposersVoice.com>
Composer's Voice concert series,  <http://www.Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame.com>
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame, and  <http://www.CircutiBridges.com> Circuit
Bridges. To empower the community of new music Vox Novus make available web
tools to better sccomplish the promtion of new music such as: Composers'
Site <http://www.ComposersSite.com> ,  <http://www.MusicAvatar.org> Music
Avatar,  <http://www.NM421.com> NM421, and other resources
<http://www.voxnovus.com/resources/> .

Composers selected for the 60x60 Wave Farm Mix include:

Miles Leo Allen, Peter Barnard, Pedro Bericat, Colin Black, David Bohn, Eric
Boivin, Joseph Bourdeau, Michael Boyd, Steve Bull, Christina Campanella,
Sounds: Damian Catera, Words: Patricia Kositzky, Bernard Clarke, alan coon,
Brett Copeland, Nathan Corder, Lin Culbertson, Grant Cutler, D. Edward
Davis, Michael Dean, Benjamin Luke Deane, Justin Downs, Lorenz Erdmann,
Vincent Euliano, Cameron Fraser, Soressa Gardner, David Heuser, Alan M
Jackson, Tara Jackson, Brian D. Kelly, Tyler Kline, Keith Kothman, Sebastien
Lavoie, Joshua Liebowitz, Stephen Lilly, Pol McLernon / Matt Lewis, Todd
Merrell, Michael Nazionale, Serban Nichifor, Ken Nickels, Jesper Norda, Ken
Paoli, Zach Poff, Aleksandr Rikhterman, John Roach, Lee Rosevere, Edward
Ruchalski, Sam Sebren, Asha Sheshadri, Chatori Shimizu, Jason Sloan, David
Jason Snow, Hans Tammen, Rachel Devorah Trapp, Dixie Treichel, Mark Vernon,
Robert Voisey, Jane Wang, J. Wetherell, Chris Wood, and Sabrina Pena Young
More can be found at  <http://www.60x60.com/2014_Wave_Farm_Mix.htm>
60x60.com and http://transmissionarts.org/
<http://http://transmissionarts.org/event/s90c3p>

60X60 WAVE FARM MIX + AMPLITUDE LIVE
April 30, 2015
Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
PIONEER WORKS
159 PIONEER STREET
BROOKLYN, NY
HTTP://PIONEERWORKS.ORG/
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Circuit_Bridges_logo.jpg>

Circuit Bridges: First Bridges
April 30, 2015
Thursday at 7:30pm

Circuit Bridges is collaborating with Sprawl to present new audio works by
students from the London School of Communication (University of the Arts
London) and The New Schoolin two special concerts in London and New York
City. The concerts, which feature sound art and electroacoustic music, are
scheduled for Machines Room, 45 Vyner Street, London on April 16 as part of
sonica.fm, and at Gallery MC, 549 W 52nd St, New York, New York on April 30.
Pieces will also be streamed at sonic.fm and later broadcast via Resonance
fm.

Students from the BA Sound Arts and Design and MA Sound Arts at London
School of Communication (University of the Arts London) include: SebBruen,
Robin Buckley, ParCarlsson, Serena Emtiaz, Jacques Everiss, Andrew Ford,
Tomoko Hojo, Rahel Kraft, YasminKuymizakis, DominykasMorkunas, Pascal Louis
Mowla, Lutfi Othman & Clive Vella, Dominic Stephens. Students from The New
School for Public Engagement, School of Media Studies and ParsonsSchool of
Art, Media, and Technology at The New School include: Emil Boserup, Marc
Fiaux, Oscar Gracida, Fatima Mendez, Eric Romeo, and Evan Viola.

A range of influences and processes inspire the audio works: a listening
ritual in Sufi meditation, attention economics, sounds produced on
hand-built instruments, free improvisation, imaginary acoustic spaces
creating a sensorial experience, rhythm, music, and noise, urban drone, and
others.The audio pieces will be presented as fixed stereo sound.

Sprawl is an artist led organization that has been curating experimental
sound events since in 1996. It was founded by Iris Garrelfs and Douglas
Benford. Artists featured have included Kim Cascone, David Toop, Scanner,
Talvin Singh, Kaffe Matthews, Christian Fennesz, Hayley Newman and more.
Events include the Interplay Festival, Sonic Recycler, the Groundswell
Festival at ICA, Presenting Vladislav Delay - a concert organized in
conjunction with the Tate Modern's educational department and the Finnish
Institute. They have teamed up with Sonica.fm, an online radio 'gallery'
dedicated to sound art, experimental electronics and radio art. First
Bridges works will be showcased during a Sonica.fm residency at the Machines
Room. http://www.sprawl.org.uk/http://www.sonica.fm

Circuit Bridges is a monthly concert series dedicated to highlighting the
community of electroacoustic music creators. Founded in 2014 by Robert
Voisey and under the artistic direction of David Morneau and Melissa Grey,
Circuit Bridges strives to explore all music under the electroacoustic
umbrella. This includes but is not limited to sonic art, radio art, glitch,
circuit bending, electronica, real-time improvisation, network performance,
audiovisual composition, mash-up, and data sonification. Our mission is to
connect with artists from around the globe to present the wealth of
electroacoustic music being written today.

For more information visit: www.CircuitBridges.com
<http://www.CircuitBridges.com>

First Bridges New York
Thursday, April 30, 2015 7:30pm (doors open at 7:15pm)
Gallery MC
(ride the freight elevator to the 8th floor)
549 W 52nd St, New York, NY 10019
Between 10th Avenue and 11th Avenue
Closest subway A/C/E at 50th Street, 8th Avenue
$15 admission
$ 7 students
www.GalleryMC.org

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo_new.jpg>

Fifteen Minutes of Fame with Hayk Aresenyan
May 3, 2015
Sunday, 1:00pm

Our NEXT event is a HUGE concert featuring the New York City premiere of
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Hayk Arsenyan, piano performing 15 one-minute works
by 15 composers! This could be one of our most IMPORTANT concerts ever! DO
NOT MISS THIS CONCERT!

Composer's Voice will feature Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame, 15 one minute pieces
written for and selected by Mr. Arsenyan from an international call for
scores. Works selected for this Fifteen Minutes of Fame include: an Armenian
Landscape by Rodrigo Baggio, A Short, Lonely Dance by Jon Bash, Match by
Joseph Bohigian, exordium by David Bohn, christoforia by David Bovernoff,
escape from Hell by Carlos Hernandez, Momentum by Jean de Liere, Aphorisms
II by Jay Derderian, sigh of wind by Hector Oltra Garcia, eleven by Stephen
F. Lilly, the two wanderers by Daniel Bonaventure Lim , prelude by Franc
Pesci , remember and demand by Juan Maria Solare , Stonomono by Steel
Stylianon , and waiting by Rain Worthington

New York based pianist-composer Hayk Arsenyan, a native of Armenia, has
appeared in numerous recitals in USA, Armenia, Russia, France, Italy, Spain,
Canary Islands, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Argentina, Uruguay, Syria, and
Lebanon. His performance venues have included Carnegie Hall (New York),
Palaisd'UNESCO and Salle Cortot (Paris), Tchaikovsky Concert Hall (Moscow),
"Petranka" House-Museum of Mozart (Prague), Auditorio de Miguel Delibes
(Valladolid), Dar-Al-Assad Opera House (Damascus), and appearances at the
Dame Myra Hess Concert Series in Chicago and the Phillips Collection Concert
Series in Washington DC. At the age of 11 Mr. Arsenyan made his orchestral
debut with the Armenian State Philharmonic Orchestra performing his own
Requiem for the piano and orchestra, and at the age of 17, he made his
European orchestral debut as a soloist with the Radio France Philharmonic
Orchestra, where he was awarded a platinum medal by the City of Paris.

Mr. Arsenyan's concert repertoire is diverse and encompasses works from
early Baroque to New Music. An avid chamber musician and collaborator
outside of the classical music stage, he constantly strives to explore
various experimental projects with Dance, Drama and Visual Arts, such as the
"Visual Landscapes" multi-media project of all Alan Hovhaness piano works,
which was The New York Times' pick of the week in May 2011, and was reviewed
as ".One of the coolest events in NYC to go to."

Currently Mr. Arsenyan teaches at New York University Tisch School of the
Arts. He holds a Doctor of Musical Arts degree in Piano Performance and
Pedagogy from the University of Iowa and a Master's degree from the Gnessin
Music Academy in Moscow. In 2007 he was awarded the full-tuition Yevgeny
Kissin Award for the Professional-Studies performance program at Manhattan
School of Music. Mr. Arsenyan also studied the piano in Paris at
EcoleNormaleSuperieure de Musique de Paris Alfred Cortot and the
Conservatoire National de Region D'Aubervillier La-Courneuve. He is a
scholar of Iberian Early Music and has compiled a Performance Guide to Three
Keyboard Sonatas of Antonio Soler as a part of his Doctoral Dissertation,
published by the University of Iowa Press.

In 1993 Mr. Arsenyan became a member of the French Society of Authors and
Composers (SACEM) and two collections of his original works were published
in Paris. Several of his original works have been choreographed by the dance
departments of the University of Iowa and New York University. Mr. Arsenyan
is also a member of the Ararat International Academy of Sciences in Paris
and serves as the Academy's representative in New York. Mr. Arsenyan is the
director of the Performing Arts Department at the Armenian General
Benevolent Union headquartered in New York City.

For more information visit: www.Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame.com
<http://www.Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame.com>

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Hayk Arsenyan
Composer's Voice concert series
Sunday, May 3 at 1:00pm
New York, New York 10021
FREE ADMISSION
DONATIONS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED

 <http://www.voxnovus.com/calendar> Calendar of Vox Novus Events

 <http://www.Voxnovus.com/calendar> CLICK HERE TO SEE THE VOX NOVUS CALENDAR

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo_new.jpg>

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with Alex Lubet

These are the selections for FMOF: Alex Lubet, steel-string acoustic guitar
for the 1:00PM June 21, 2015 Composer's Voice/Make Music New York concert at
the International Preschools, 345 East 86th Street Works selected for this
Fifteen Minutes of Fame include:

Sketch for Alex by Jay Afrisando,
Guitar Etude by Nathaniel A. Akers,
Conjunction by James T. Connolly,
Puca by Jim Dalton,
Prelude to the Unknowable by Douglas DaSilva,
Bhavana by Gordon Fitzell,
Counterpoint Study :: 10II15.1740 by Diarmid Flatley,
February by James E. Holdman,
Aria in D by Alex Lubet,
Snow on Selby Avenue by Liam Moore,
Through the Green of the Forest by Yan Pang,
Chinese Whiskey by Zack Pentecost,
A Very Spacial G by Etienne Rolin,
All-Inclusive by Justin Rosin, and
In a Brazilian Forest by Bob Siebert

 Alex Lubet <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Alex_Lubet_01.jpg>

Alex Lubet

A native of Chicago, Alex Lubet (b. 1954) is a multi-instrumentalist,
composer, author, and teacher, and head of the composition program at the
University of Minnesota. Mostly self-taught on his instruments, he was much
inspired by two guitar teachers, Don Smith and Donald Stark, who encouraged
his interests in improvisation and a diversity of musical styles and
cultures. He holds degrees in music composition from Chicago Musical College
(now Chicago College of Performing Arts) and the University of Iowa. He has
lived in Minnesota since 1979.

Lubet specializes in string instruments, in particular a variety of guitars,
basses, and ukuleles. He is best known as an acoustic guitarist, for which
he has developed numerous extended techniques, notably a much-expanded range
of natural harmonics and multiphonics that permit chords of up to twenty
notes. A performer of both composed and improvised music, he plays solo and
also frequently collaborates with Serbian classical guitarist Maja
Radovanlija, Swiss jazz pianist Guerino Mazzola, and Japanese-American taiko
(percussion) and fue (flute) player (and his wife) Iris Shiraishi. Most
recently, Lubet has expanded his performance and cultural background by
having received certification in traditional Korean music from the National
Gugak Center, in Seoul, South Korea, where he studied changgo (drum), danso
(flute), and pansori (Korean opera).

Although his repertoire is principally his own compositions, Lubet actively
solicits new works by composers interested in learning his unique sonic
vocabulary. His album Spectral Blues: New Music for Acoustic Guitar has
received numerous enthusiastic reviews and was listed among the "Best Albums
of 2013 (in any genre)" by noted critic Ted Gioia. He has recently recorded
The Enchanted Guitar Forest, an album of guitar duos with Maja Radovanlija,
comprised of their original works, which they are currently touring.

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>

Opportunities
on
Music Avatar

 <http://www.MusicAvatar.org>
Opportunities
Music Avatar is a great new way to upload works for composer opportunities
hassle free! You will be able to submit, update, and modify your submission
all the way up to the deadline date of the opportunity. www.MusicAvatar.org

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>

Click here to Unsubscribe