[Voxnovus] NM421> 60x60 Wave Farm Mix premiere broadcast on WGXC 90.7-FM - Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with Austin Mandolin Orchestra - Composer's Voice Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with Tzu-En_lee - Circuit Bridges @ UCLan

Robert Voisey (Vox Novus) RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com
Fri Mar 6 00:00:06 EST 2015

Can't view this email properly? Click here for the online version
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/15-03-06.htm>

 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421> New Music for the 21st Century

March 6, 2015

VOX NOVUS NEWSLETTER
New Music for the 21st Century
ARTICLES, REVIEWS, AND POSTS
> POSTCARD: The Mute
> 60x60 Wave Farm Mix premiere broadcast on WGXC 90.7-FM
> Composer's Voice concert
> Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with Tzu-En_lee
> Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with Austin Mandolin Orchestra
> Circuit Bridges @ UCLan
Vox Novus Calendar
OPPORTUNITIES
> Electronic Music Midwest - 2015 Call for Submissions
> Composer Opportunites on Music Avatar
 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 The Mute
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/postcard/15-03-06-The_Mute.jpg>

The Mute

Henrik Pringler, Sergeant-Trumpeter with the Sixth Mustachioed Dragoon
Guards, was forever misplacing his horn's mute. (That's the mechanical
thingie that muffles the sound of a brass instrument.) His wife, Prudence,
solved the problem by designing a mute that doubled as a helmet which nicely
complemented Henrik's military uniform. Thenceforth, he was never without
it. Regrettably, Henrik typically forgot that he was wearing the thing until
a measure after he needed it. Worse, he would invariably dope smack himself
on the head for his forgetfulness, which often resulted in a puncture wound.

 <http://www.davidgunn.org> David Gunn

For 10? years,  <http://www.davidgunn.org> David Gunn co-hosted the
ASCAP-Deems Taylor Award-winning radio show, Kalvos & Damian's New Music
Bazaar. The show is archived at www.kalvos.org. Gunn's own website,
http://davidgunn.org, contains numerous recordings and scores of his
compositions. Gunn is also a writer and humorist, and examples of both can
also be found on his website. He lives simultaneously in Barre, Vermont.

www.davidgunn.org

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 60x60 Wave Farm Mix
<http://www.voxnovus.com/orchestra60x60/data/images/60x60_Logo.jpg>  60x60
Wave Farm Mix <http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Wave_Farm_logo.jpg>

60x60 Wave Farm Mix

Radio & Internet Broadcast
March 7, 2015 at 8 p.m.
Wave Farm's WGXC 90.70-FM (and wgxc.org)

Saturday March 7 at 8:00 PM EST Wave Farm will be broadcasting the premiere
of the 60x60 Wave Farm mix on WGXC 90.7-FM. The Radio broadcast will also
have an Internet simulcast at www.wgxc.org
<http://www.wgxc.org/events/13985>

Vox Novus and Wave Farm are delighted to collaborate on a special edition of
60x60 focused on Radio Art. Selected from an international open call, 60
works (created with, for, about radio and transmission) with durations of 60
seconds, comprise this eleventh annual 60x60 project. 60x60 Wave Farm Mix
will be featured as an FM broadcast on Wave Farm's WGXC 90.7-FM; distributed
as a Wave Farm Dispatch Series download; and featured in a series of live
listening events.

60?60 is a one-hour-long show made by sequencing 60 pre-recorded pieces by
60 different composers, each piece a minute in length or shorter. Every
one-minute piece will be played continuously without pause. Each of the 60
pieces will begin precisely at the beginning of the minute, this will mark
the end of one piece and the beginning of another.

About Wave Farm
Wave Farm is a non-profit arts organization that celebrates creative and
community use of media and the airwaves. Wave Farm programs programs support
artists who engage the transmission spectrum, on the airwaves and through
public events and include the Wave Farm Artist Residency Program, and
international visiting artist program; and the Transmission Arts Archive, a
living genealogy of artists' experiments with broadcast media and the
airwaves. Wave Farm's WGXC-FM is a creative community radio station that
commits over 60 hours a week to transmission art and experimental sound.
wavefarm.org <http://www.wavefarm.org>

About Vox Novus
Vox Novus is new music production and promotion company. Its mission is to
cultivate a music community and make new music readily available to the
greater public. Vox Novus accomplishes this mission through its concert
programs:  <http://www.60x60.com> 60x60,  <http://www.ComposersVoice.com>
Composer's Voice concert series,  <http://www.Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame.com>
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame, and  <http://www.CircutiBridges.com> Circuit
Bridges. To empower the community of new music Vox Novus make available web
tools to better sccomplish the promtion of new music such as: Composers'
Site <http://www.ComposersSite.com> ,  <http://www.MusicAvatar.org> Music
Avatar,  <http://www.NM421.com> NM421, and other resources
<http://www.voxnovus.com/resources/> .

Composers selected for the 60x60 Wave Farm Mix include:

Miles Leo Allen, Peter Barnard, Pedro Bericat, Colin Black, David Bohn, Eric
Boivin, Joseph Bourdeau, Michael Boyd, Steve Bull, Christina Campanella,
Sounds: Damian Catera, Words: Patricia Kositzky, Bernard Clarke, alan coon,
Brett Copeland, Nathan Corder, Lin Culbertson, Grant Cutler, D. Edward
Davis, Michael Dean, Benjamin Luke Deane, Justin Downs, Lorenz Erdmann,
Vincent Euliano, Cameron Fraser, Soressa Gardner, David Heuser, Alan M
Jackson, Tara Jackson, Brian D. Kelly, Tyler Kline, Keith Kothman, Sebastien
Lavoie, Joshua Liebowitz, Stephen Lilly, Pol McLernon / Matt Lewis, Todd
Merrell, Michael Nazionale, Serban Nichifor, Ken Nickels, Jesper Norda, Ken
Paoli, Zach Poff, Aleksandr Rikhterman, John Roach, Lee Rosevere, Edward
Ruchalski, Sam Sebren, Asha Sheshadri, Chatori Shimizu, Jason Sloan, David
Jason Snow, Hans Tammen, Rachel Devorah Trapp, Dixie Treichel, Mark Vernon,
Robert Voisey, Jane Wang, J. Wetherell, Chris Wood, and Sabrina Pena Young
More can be found at  <http://www.60x60.com/2014_Wave_Farm_Mix.htm> March 8,
2015
Sunday at 1:00pm

The Composer's Voice is an opportunity for contemporary composers to express
their aesthetic and personal "voice." Chamber concerts are presented on
Sunday afternoons presented in Conjunction with Vox Novus and Jan Hus
Church. The programs are all composed by living composers and presented by
talented musicians who champion contemporary music.

This Sunday Composer's Voice will feature:

A native of Taiwan, pianist Shiau-uen Ding is an energetic performer of
traditional and contemporary repertoire. She was called a "daredevil" by New
York Times for her performance at Bang on a Can Marathon and "a powerful
force on the new music scene" by Array for her performance at Spark Festival
in Minneapolis.

Todd Groves performs on saxophones, flutes, clarinets, recorders and ethnic
flutes. Recent NYC shows: Aladdin, Motown, Nice Work If You Can Get It, RCMH
Christmas Spectacular, Follies, Catch Me If You Can, many NY City Center
shows. Recent recordings/appearances: Late Show with David Letterman, Tony
Awards, Emmy Awards, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Wizarding World of
Harry Potter, HEM, Boyz II Men, and R Kelly.

Flutist A. Lish Lindsey made her Carnegie Hall debut as solo piccoloist with
the Eastern Wind Symphony and has performed in venues such as Avery Fisher
Hall, the Kennedy Center, and Kimmel Center's Verizon Hall.

Jennifer Shaw began playing the cello at age nine in Taipei, Taiwan. Her
various experiences have brought her to perform with the Dave Brubeck
Quartet and the Eagles, and in NYC venues including Carnegie Hall, Symphony
Space, and the Beacon Theater.

Yang Tsung-hsien a Professor of music at Taipei National University of the
Arts. Since 1994 he has been the resident composer for Contemporary Chamber
Orchestra Taipei (CCOT).

Award-winning composer Greg Bartholomew, who is frequently performed across
the United States and in Canada, Australia and Europe. NPR classical music
reviewer Tom Manoff called him "a fine composer not afraid of
accessibility."

Composer/cellist and professor of music at National University of Music
Bucharest Serban Nichifor will have is piece Prayer for My Angel Liana was
composed for Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Conway Kuo, violin as "an homage to my
very dear wife Liana Alexandra, for his love, support and sacrifice...."
Serban lives in Bucharest, Romania.

Jose Jesus de Azevedo Souza whose music has recently been performed in the
Golden Key of Vienna Festival, the Composers' Voice Concert Series across
the United States, the Festival Internacional de Musica Contemporanea in
Brazil and was recognized at the World Contest of Composition for Peace.

 Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo_new.jpg>   Tzu-En
Lee <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Tzu-En_Lee.jpg>

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with Tzu-En Lee
March 8, 2015
Sunday at 1:00pm

Fifteen Minutes of Fame is 15 one-minute works by different composers.
Fifteen composers selected for Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with Tzu-En Lee. Vox
Novus called for one-minute pieces composed for Solo violin with a theme of
Taiwanese Folk Music. This Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame for Tzu-En Lee is to be
premiered on March 8, 2015 for the Composer's Voice concert Series at the
Jan Hus Church in New York City. The theme "Taiwanese Folk Music" serves as
an inspiration for the composers. Ms. Lee wishes to inspire the composers to
write original music to exemplify her love for Taiwanese music.

Fifteen Minutes of Fame gives a variety of new music by living composers to
audiences hungry to hear what is being created in today's music scene.

"...the 15 Minutes of Fame project of Vox Novus is a godsend. It organizes
competitions whereby ensembles commission worldwide calls for submissions of
approximately one-minute pieces, and then select their 15 favorites for
premieres. The players, themselves emerging and without the funds for a
traditional commission fee, get original works to present, while the
likewise emerging composers get a chance for exposure and a premiere..." -
Seth Gilman, NY Music Culture Examiner
<http://www.examiner.com/article/a-parhelion-sighting-queens-part-2>

Violinist Tzu-En Lee has began studying violin at the age of five. Since
then, she has performed extensively in her native Taiwan and has won
numerous competitions, including Taiwan National Violin Competition. Since
coming to the United States, Tzu-En Lee studied violin performance at Mannes
College of Music. She graduated with a diploma in the Spring of 2012 and is
currently pursuing further studies in the graduate program at Mannes under
the tutelage of violinist Yuri Vodovoz. In addition to her studies, Ms. Lee
has enjoyed taking part in the musical life of NYC as a free-lance musician.
Since 2009 she has performed with the Pocket Opera of NY. Tzu-En Lee has
also sought out opportunities to perform the music of contemporary
composers. She has participated in the Second and Third Annual Social
Networking Concerts, produced by composer Douglas Townsend at Saint Peter's
Church in Manhattan, where she has performed a world premiere of the work by
Australian composer Houston Dunleavy. Ms. Lee performed in New York as a
soloist, alongside violinists Muneyoshi Takahashi and Kinga Augustyn, with
the Broadway Bach Ensemble, conducted by Arkady Leytush, in the New York
premiere of Douglas Townsend's Concerto "in the old style" for Three Solo
Violins and String Orchestra (1994).

Composer's Voice presents the world premiere of Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame:
Tzu-En Lee, violin (Taiwanese theme). Tzu-En Lee will present 15 one-minute
works by 15 composers: Daniel Arnold, Rodrigo Baggio, Roger Blanc, Erik
Branch, Ursula Erhart-Schwertmann, Fermino Gomes, Shigeru Kan-no, Damon Lee,
Feng-Hsu Lee, Daniel Mihai, Yan Pang, Louis Sauter, Richard G Smith, Nolan
Stolz, Christopher M. Wicks

Composer's Voice presents the pinnacle of today's music with its
twice-monthly concert series of music by living composers at the Jan Hus
Church, 351 East 74th Street, New York City.

"it's on the edge of what's happening"
- Brant Lyon, Great Weather for Media

Tickets: Admission is FREE. Donations of food, clothing, and toiletries are
encouraged for the Homeless Outreach & Advocacy Program

Composer's Voice Concert
Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 1:00pm
Jan Hus Presbyterian Church
351 E 74th Street
New York, New York 10021
FREE ADMISSION

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo_new.jpg>  Austin
Mandolin Orchestra
<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/The_Austin_Mandolin_Orchestra.jpg>

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with
Austin Mandolin Orchestra
March 8, 2015 - Sunday at 7:00pm CST
Streamed live at:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/blackerby-live

Fifteen Minutes of Fame is 15 one-minute works by different composers.

Vox Novus is called for one-minute pieces composed for
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Austin Mandolin Orchestra to be premiered March
2015 in Austin Texas and a second performance in the October 2015 at the
convention of the Classical Mandolin Society of America.

The theme for this fifteen-Minuites-of-Fame is the wildflowers of Texas.
>From AngelTrumpets to Zephyrlilies, Texas offers diverse habitats to a
kaleidoscopic assortment of flora. As our landscape reawakens, we will
celebrate the promise of spring with vibrant new music.

Fifteen Minutes of Fame gives a variety of new music by living composers to
audiences hungry to hear what is being created in today's music scene.

World premiere of Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Austin Mandolin Orchestra, in
Austin, Texas. 15 one-minute works for mandolin orchestra by John Akins,
Johanna Asher, Rodrigo Baggio, David Bohn, Erik Branch, Philip DeWalt, John
Egenes, Daniel Grantham, Owen Hartford, James Kellaris, Aram Petrosyan,
Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni, Barry Trott, Jean-Pierre Vial, and Blair
Whittington.

On Sunday, March 8, 2015 7:00PM Central Standard Time the World Premiere of
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Austin Mandolin Orchestra will be broadcasted live
from Blackerby Recital Hall in Austin, Texas. It will be live streamed at:
<http://www.ustream.tv/channel/blackerby-live>
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/blackerby-live

The Austin Mandolin Orchestra will be presenting 15 one-minute works by 15
composers: John R. Akins, Johanna Asher, Rodrigo Baggio, David Bohn, Erik
Branch, Philip DeWalt, John Egenes, Daniel Grantham, Owen Hartford, James J.
Kellaris, Aram Petrosyan, Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni, Barry Trott,
Jean-Pierre Vial, Blair Whittington

The Austin Mandolin Orchestra is a community mandolin orchestra based in
Austin Texas. Formed in 2004, the orchestra now includes over performing 20
members. Known for it's adventurous programming, in June 2013 the AMO
performed Opus Twelve , a recital of eighteen new works composed by founder
and director, Joel R Hobbs. Also in 2015, the Austin Mandolin Orchestra
plans to host the Fall 2015 convention of the Classical Mandolin Society of
America. More about the Austin Mandolin Orchestra www.amandolinorchestra.com

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with Austin Mandolin Orchestra
Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 7:00pm CST (Austin, Texas)
Blackerby Recital Hall
1111 W Anderson Lane
Austin, Texas
(will be live streamed at: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/blackerby-live)

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 Circuit Bridges <http://www.VoxNovus.com/img/Circuit_Bridges_logo.jpg>

Circuit Bridges @ UCLan
March 12, 2015
Thursday from 12:00pm - 4:00pm

Circuit Bridges is going to University of Central Lancashire presenting a
concert in collaboration with Patricia Walsh.

The Media Factory, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, a unique
sound-event collaboration between Circuit Bridges Vox Novus, New York and UK
artist Patricia Walsh.

An exciting selection of UK and International sound artists including Alan
Dunn, Anthony Kelly, Magda Stawarska-Beavan, Leon Harding, Jon Aveyard,
Patricia Walsh, Werner Moebius, Mat Gregory & Karin Bergstrom, David
Morneau, Daniel Blinkhorn, Chris Cresswell, Melissa Grey (with Harold Jones,
flute &Mioi Takeda, violin), MilicaParanosic(with Margaret Lancaster,
flute), Elaine Lillios, Dan Abatemarco, Mike McFerron and Robert Voisey, in
this specially curated audio event that will also be presented in September
2015, at the MC Gallery, New York.

Circuit Bridges - highlighting the community of electroacoustic music
creators.Founded in 2014 by Robert Voisey and under the artistic direction
of David Morneau and Melissa Grey, Circuit Bridges strives to explore all
music under the electroacoustic umbrella. This includes sonic art, radio
art, glitch, circuit bending, electronica, real-time improvisation, network
performance, audiovisual composition, mash-up, and data sonification. Its
mission is to connect with artists from around the globe to present the
wealth of electroacoustic music being written today.

Circuit Bridges @ UCLan
Thursday March 12, 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Media Factory
University of Central Lancashire
Preston, United Kingdom

 <http://www.voxnovus.com/calendar> Calendar of Vox Novus Events

 <http://www.Voxnovus.com/calendar> CLICK HERE TO SEE THE VOX NOVUS CALENDAR

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 Electronic Music Midwest <http://www.voxnovus.com/img/EMM_logo_3.jpg>

Electronic Music Midwest
2015 Call for Submissions

Lewis University and Kansas City Kansas Community College are pleased to
announce an international call for submissions for the Electronic Music
Midwest Festival, featuring guest performer Keith Benjamin (trumpet), to be
held November 19-21, 2015 at Kansas City Kansas Community College.

Each concert will feature an 8.1 speaker diffusion system. Acclaimed
trumpeter, Keith Benjamin, will be the featured performer and composers are
encouraged to submit works for his consideration. Any composer regardless of
region, age or nationality may submit one work.

EMM accepts all electroacoustic works, but we especially seek music that
falls within one of the following categories:

1) Composition for trumpet and fixed media and/or live electronics
2) Two channel works for fixed media
3) Up to eight channel works for fixed media
4) Instrument(s)/Voice(s) and fixed media or live electronics (composer to
provide performers)
5) Works for video
6) Sound Installations and Interactive Media (composer to provide all
non-standard equipment)
7) Live Laptop works
8) Live Interactive works

Deadline: May 20, 2015

Entry Fee: none

Submission Guidelines:

1) For consideration, applicants must register and complete an online
submission form available at http://www.emmfestival.org. Complete submission
information and guidelines are available on the EMM website.

2) For adjudication purposes, multi-channel works (up to 8 channels) must be
submitted as a stereo mix and uploaded at http://www.emmfestival.org. The
EMM 8-channel speaker array uses a front and rear center.

Composers whose works are selected for this festival are required to submit
a $60 registration fee at the festival and must agree to attend the
festival. Regrettably, EMM is not able to offer travel stipends or
honorariums to festival participants at this time. EMM is not able to
consider works that do not conform to the guidelines outlined above.

A Note About Registration:
There is no cost to submit works for consideration to EMM; however,
composers who by juried process are selected to participate must register
for EMM and pay a registration fee at the festival. In the future, EMM hopes
to eliminate the registration fee altogether and offer a stipend to
composers for their creative work. Due to a shoe-string budget at the
moment, this small registration fee helps defray the cost of hosting EMM.
Without it, the EMM Festival could not exist.

In support of EMM's mission statement, all events are free and open to the
public. Audience members are not required to register; however, donations
are always welcome. We do not collect donations at the concert, therefore,
if you would like to make a financial gift to EMM, please contact Mike
McFerron

As stated in the call for submissions, each composer selected to present at
EMM is required to remit a $60 registration fee. Note that only one
registration fee is collected for works by more than one composer or
collaborations. Upon arrival at EMM, composers should check-in with the
registration desk to pay the registration fee and collect a festival
information packet. Payment can be in the form of cash or personal check.
EMM will provide a receipt at that time for those who need documentation for
reimbursement. Please note that EMM does not accept credit or debit cards.

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>

Opportunities
on
Music Avatar

 <http://www.MusicAvatar.org>
Opportunities
Music Avatar is a great new way to upload works for composer opportunities
hassle free! You will be able to submit, update, and modify your submission
all the way up to the deadline date of the opportunity. www.MusicAvatar.org

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>

Click here to Unsubscribe