[Voxnovus] NEW MUSIC NOVEMBER !!! Starting Off Strong with Thomas Piercy and Drew Hosler

New Voice in New Music voxnovus at voxnovus.com
Fri Nov 5 07:18:23 EDT 2021

Switching gears!  Putting the pandemic in our rearview mirror and turning
on our headlights to see into the future, Vox Novus is planning to start
November off strong.

This Saturday begins the fun we have been planning for the last year!

Saturday November 6th at 2:00 PM E.D.T.  (UTC-4) Composer’s Voice continues
its monthly broadcast on Manhattan Neighborhood Network channel 2.  This
month we will be featuring Thomas Piercy. A champion of new music, Thomas
Piercy performs the clarinet and the hichiriki.   He will be showing us his
approach to performing new music with these two instruments as well as some
short performances, including previews of his upcoming
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame.

We will also be announcing the selections for Saxophonist Andrew Hosler’s
selections for Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame.

Composer’s Voice features clarinetist and hichiriki player Thomas Piercy
Saturday November 6th at 2:00 PM E.D.T.  (UTC-4)
Watch and listen online at the following:
https://www.mnn.org/watch/channels/lifestyle-channel
View also on the following TV cable channels
Channel 83 on RCN
Channel 67 on Spectrum
Channel 34 on Verizon FIOS

BUT THERE’S MORE!

Back to back – Composer’s Voice will be handing off the baton to
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame

 At 2:30 PM E.D.T.  (UTC-4)  Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame will feature
saxophonist Drew Hosler on Virtual Concert Halls.  This fantastic
saxophonist will perform 15 one minute works written specifically for him.
This online performance will also include composers speaking about their
work.  Audiences are encouraged to participate and ask questions to the
participants.

Come watch on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ7y6LF_t8c

Come watch on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/959534370786685/posts/6727072884032776/

Stay tuned for more!
Lehner String Quartet is rehearsing its works for a special online
Composer’s Voice with Virtual Concert Halls.

And Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame announcements for Thomas Piercy, Craig
Hultgren, and Alise Anna Alksne.