[Bska] Silberstedt Skat Tournament in August

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Tue May 30 05:06:54 EDT 2006

Chris Beesley has asked me to post this to the British Skat Association
mailing list:

We are currently checking the accommodation options with regard to the
availability of single rooms, but suspect they may be limited.  We have
currently undertaken to take a team of at least ten, as indicated on the
British Skat Association Web site, but now wish to firm up on likely
numbers and make the necessary accommodation reservations.

From our perspective numbers are not limited - the teams are not drawn
up on purely national lines if numbers are imbalanced on the day. The
atmosphere is very relaxed and informal, although play is a bit faster
than our Synchron tournaments.

As has happened on similar "tours" before, it is not obligatory for
everyone to play, although I assume most will want to.  The tournament
is now due to be held on the Sunday, August 20th, rather than the
Saturday as first advertised, which may make a return on  Sunday to the
UK a bit hectic, if not downright impossible.  From discussions with
those interested it is likely that most will want to extend the visit to
include the odd day in one of the larger German cities, and individual
travel arrangements will be made by the  participants.

If people can give some indication of likely itineraries we can help
co-ordinate any travel arrangements if they are required.  It is
unlikely that we shall arrive en masse from one direction but our hosts
would like some indication of what and when they can expect!  The
following have shown a positive interest, some we know are not able to
confirm until closer to the date for various reasons, but we would ask
all to confirm as soon as possible, ideally before the next Rising Sun
tournament, even if it is a definite maybe!!

 Chris Beesley
 Beate Schmolinski
 Jonathan Madden
 Noel Leaver