[Bska] Skat at The Plough on 2 February 2008

David Parlett skat at davidparlett.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 05:09:11 EST 2008

Skat at The Plough, Saturday 2 February 2008

I am organising the next British Skat Association day at The Plough,
Museum Street (between Tottenham Court Road and the British Museum) on
Saturday 2 February.

On this occasion, by way of experiment, I propose to devote the morning
session to learners, beginners, practice and informal play, and the
afternoon to one of our usual Synchron (Duplicate) Skat tournaments.

The plan at present is as follows:

11.00 am - Arrivals and introductions
11.30 am - Teaching, coaching and informal play
13.00 - Lunch
13.30 - Latest registration time for Synchron tournament
14.00 - Synchron tournament starts
19.00 (approximately, probably later) Prize-giving

Whether the tournament consists of three or four sessions, and what time
it is likely to end, will depend on how many wish to take part.
Please let me know as soon as you conveniently can whether -

1. You are an experienced or an inexperienced player
2. You hope to attend the morning session
3. You will be ordering lunch at the Plough
3. You hope to take part in the afternoon Synchron tournament.

There will be an entry fee of £5 for the whole day or part thereof.

With best wishes for the New Year
--
David Parlett
President, British Skat Association