[casual_games] negotiation costs

Jónas B. Antonsson jonas at gogogic.com
Fri Apr 7 06:07:41 EDT 2006

I agree with Lennard. 2-5K per portal soon sums up to a lot of money that might be spent more wisely and, in my mind, the figure is rather bullish. I think you shouldn't spend the cash unless you are absolutely certain that your game will make enough money to turn a profit from the investment.

I think that the gap between the most popular games and less popular games might be pretty wide when you consider the portals. I might be wrong and this probably depends a lot on the portal and the number of games featured but I think, in some cases, that the gap grows exponentially where a few popular games probably run away with around 80% of the total profit (80 / 20 rule). Just something to keep in mind.

On the other hand - A carefully selected distributor which has a lot of exposure and is a good fit for your game might be worthy of a considerable investment. Of course it depends on the contract that you negotiate but that is probably a different issue.

Jónas B. Antonsson
CEO, Gogogic Games

jonas at gogogic.com
www.gogogic.com