[casual_games] negotiation costs

Kenton White k.white at i2learning.com
Mon Apr 10 09:02:45 EDT 2006

I’ll add one more observation to the fray:

In some areas that have a thriving high tech venture capital environments
there exist lawyers who will defer cost until your have a profitable company
or meet some other milestones.  Ottawa, where I am located, is one such
community.  Others that I know about are Boston and Silicon Valley.

The way it works is that you pitch your idea and business plan to one of the
firm’s lawyers.  If they like the pitch, they will help and defer costs
until cash flow can more easily handle a $5K legal bill.

The best way to find firms that do this type of deal is to get involved in
entrepreneurial organizations.  I’ll recommend The Indus Entrepreurs (TiE)
Network here.  They are an international network of entrepreneurs with very
influential members who are happy to work with less experienced people.
Their website is http://www.tieindia.org/.  You don’t need to become a
member to take advantage of network.

Kenton

  _____