[casual_games] Whitepaper contribution deadline June 1st!

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Sun May 21 14:14:22 EDT 2006

This is a final reminder for everyone that we need your help with the
Casual Games Whitepaper:
http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Casual_Games_SIG/Whitepaper

This paper is going to be published at Casuality Seattle so we need to
have all of your edits in place absolutely no later than June 1st!

This year we've made helping out as easy as possible. Simply login to
the Wiki (using your IGDA account information) and then edit and
update anything you feel like you can help out with.

The paper is broken up into 5 major sections:
Market Overview
http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Casual_Games_SIG/Whitepaper/Market_Overview
This gives an overall analysis of the industry and casual game space

Business Models
http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Casual_Games_SIG/Whitepaper/Business_Models
Talks about all the various business models employed. If you're doing
something different we would REALLY love your help on this section

Production and Design
http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Casual_Games_SIG/Whitepaper/Production_and_Design
This section discusses the actual creation of casual games.

Technology
http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Casual_Games_SIG/Whitepaper/Technology
We're trying to give a broad overview of technologies available, as
well as get in-depth for widely used tech. If you're a
developer/programmer, I'm sure you have some great insight to add
here!

Publishing
http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Casual_Games_SIG/Whitepaper/Publishing
This portion covers the process of actually bring your games to
market. We try to cover everything from portals to self-publishing
websites. If you are involved in this process, try to help us out
here.

If you have any questions about how to help, feel free to ask. In
general we encourage you to just jump in and start contributing.
We're trying to do this via the wiki this year so everyone is able to
help with the least amount of resistance. However, we do realize that
many people have not used a Wiki before. There are a couple resources
that should help you get started, including this great Quick Start
Guide:
http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/IGDAwiki:Quick_Start_Guide

--
Brian Robbins