[casual_games] How many women are playing?

Eamonn Clarke eamonn at creativecollectiveltd.com
Tue May 23 13:17:10 EDT 2006

 This is London calling!

There must be someone who can point me in the right direction.

I need to know how many women (16 to 50) are playing games, online and where
on earth they are?! Easy...?

My best guess is approximately 140 million women (16-50yrs) are playing
games online.
24,342,255 in EU
42,571,743 in US and Canada
72,898,523 in Korea, Japan and China (this figure must be waaay out)
    However, this is based on various sources, some of which date back to
2002 and too vague for an up-to-the-minute report.

The portals are happy to say "Oh yeah, we have x% female players...aged
between 30ish and 40ish" and the aggregators who boast of worldwide coverage
and god-like reach 'don't know their arse from their elbow' (as we say in
the UK).

I'm beginning to think that no one *really *knows* *and that 64.7% of all
statistics are bull****!

Rant over. Does anyone *really* know?

Eamonn