[casual_games] Game Engines for Mobile games

Chris Dillman chrisd at plaidworld.com
Tue Mar 8 01:13:23 EST 2011

>I find this pretty interesting... it looks like most of the game

>engines suggested here are mainly 2d in nature.

>Might seem like a very obvious question, but, when do you think 3d

>casual games (mostly on mobile) will actually start becoming

>popular?? Is there a space for 3d and casual to be spoken together

>in the same sentence?

Theres a ton of casual 3d games on the iphone right now :)

I think a lot of small teams or indies are making 2D simply cause its easier.

Less technical work and well less technical art assets.

About 1/2 the engines I listed are full 3D engines that can also do 2D.

Unity, Shiva, SIO2 are all mainly full featured 3D engines for example.

Unity web games are accepted on Shockawave.com and other traditionally
casual flash games sites.

--
Plaid World Studios http://www.plaidworld.com