[game_edu] loopy Proposal - The Aggies!

Alex Jarvis adrenjarvi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 11:50:26 EST 2007

Mark,

That was an incredibly well-thought out response, and I have taken it to
heart. Currently, I am attempting to bring game design as a major at my
university, which (as a student) has been a pretty uphill battle. Constantly
I am grouped with computer science majors, and as you said, the rich
technical aspect does not supersede the artistic foundation of Ludology and
game studies. So, as a convenient turn of conversation; what would it take
for academia to respect games? I understand that it is no quick process, but
are we supposed to wait for a generation of gamers to inherit education, or
is there anything that can be done beforehand?

-Alex

Alex Jarvis
Ludology Student
http://ludologistjarvi.blogspot.com/