[game_edu] Classroom Technology Question

Mike Doherty mdoherty at pacific.edu
Thu Dec 20 17:03:45 EST 2007

We're using Vision 6 from GenevaLogic. It does everything you're looking
for quite well.

The only problem I've had with it (this would relate to game courses) is
that it seems to kill the graphics update rate on the student computers.
I've had problems with DirectX, OpenGL and Java 2D graphics. They all
work fine, just very slow.

I haven't investigated it thoroughly, but it seems obvious that it has
to steal copies of the graphics output buffer, hence the slowdown. Could
be that there are tweaks and configurations to fix the problem, but we
haven't had time to look into it.

Mike Doherty
Associate Professor, Computer Science
University of the Pacific