[game_edu] Unreal 3 book/videos?

deb s debsol at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 13:48:36 EDT 2008

For those of you using UT3 in the fall to teach level design -- what
book(s) are you using?

For UT2004, I was using Busby's "Mastering Unreal Technology: The Art
of Level Design", but the new version for UT3 won't be out until
December 15 (acording to Amazon, and that date has moved several
times).

The Busby videos (the ones that ship with the editor's choice edition
of the the game) are great. In the past, I transcribed several of the
introductory UT2004 videos for the class to use. The class found that
to be extremely helpful, so I am now starting to transcribe some of
the UT3 videos. But, it's very time-consuming, so I was wondering if
1) anyone has already done this or planning to do this so we can share notes?
2) do you have a UT3 book with good tutorials?

If anyone is still using UT2004 and would like to use my notes from
the older videos, here are a few - enjoy:
http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/faculty/~dsolomon/public_html/IS195/UnrealNotes.html

Deborah Solomon
www.studygaming.com