[game_edu] Unreal 3 book/videos?

AkramTaghavi-Burris ataghaviburris at occc.edu
Fri Aug 1 14:44:25 EDT 2008

I know it's a bummer.
For my class I'm still going to use the
Mastering Unreal Technology: The Art of Level Design for UT2004.

We cover a little of Maya, and there are still a few similarities so the
book has some uses.

I've also provided access to all the video tutorials I got with UT3 to
the students so they can compare the new features to the old ones.

Hope that helps.

--Ms. Akram Taghavi-Burris

deb s wrote:

> For those of you using UT3 in the fall to teach level design -- what

> book(s) are you using?

> For UT2004, I was using Busby's "Mastering Unreal Technology: The Art

> of Level Design", but the new version for UT3 won't be out until

> December 15 (acording to Amazon, and that date has moved several

> times).

> The Busby videos (the ones that ship with the editor's choice edition

> of the the game) are great. In the past, I transcribed several of the

> introductory UT2004 videos for the class to use. The class found that

> to be extremely helpful, so I am now starting to transcribe some of

> the UT3 videos. But, it's very time-consuming, so I was wondering if

> 1) anyone has already done this or planning to do this so we can share notes?

> 2) do you have a UT3 book with good tutorials?

> If anyone is still using UT2004 and would like to use my notes from

> the older videos, here are a few - enjoy:

> http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/faculty/~dsolomon/public_html/IS195/UnrealNotes.html

> Deborah Solomon

> www.studygaming.com

Akram Taghavi-Burris