[game_edu] GCAC "Games Research and Teaching in Asia"

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 10:20:37 EDT 2008

Expanding last year's event, our 2008 Games Convention Asia Conference
session on "Games Research and Teaching in Asia" is your chance to present /
give an update on your lab/institution to your academic colleagues and
industry!

If you are interested in a brief presentation of your lab/institution (5 to
10 minutes), covering research and/or teaching, please contact me
(alex at ai-center.com) at the latest until:
September 1 (Monday)

If possible, please also try to represent other groups/initiatives from your
institution, so we get an overall view of the happenings in the region.

Please note that we don't have poster opportunities right now, though we are
aware that there were many requests for this and we will make plans for
future events (logistics are a bit more complicated). Thus, if you cannot
attend, perhaps you can convince someone else from your institution/country
to include some slides and present on your behalf.

Here's the session description:

-----

GCAC Session on "Games Research and Teaching in Asia"
September 18-19 / http://www.gc-asia.sg/index.php?page=60

Abstract:
Academics from Asian research/educational institutions will give brief
presentations on what kind of games research they are working on and what
their offerings in games-related teaching are. Get an overview of what's on
the horizon for the next-next generation and where you might get your next
employees from (if you are from industry), and what your colleagues are
doing and what the latest funding trends from government are (if you are
from academia)!

Moderator:
Alexander Nareyek, Director of Games Lab and ii Labs, National University of
Singapore

Alexander Nareyek
http://www.ai-center.com/home/alex/

Tel: +65 9223 1756 (mobile/cell)
Fax: +65 6779 1103

Director @ interactive intelligence Labs:
http://www.ai-center.com/ii-labs/
Block E4, Level 5, Room 25
Department of Electrical & Computer
Engineering
National University of Singapore
4 Engineering Drive 3
Singapore 117576

Director @ NUS Games Lab:
http://www.ai-center.com/games-lab/
IDM Institute
National University of Singapore
21 Lower Kent Ridge Road
Singapore 119077

--
Susan Gold
goldfile at gmail.com

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde