[game_edu] Games for Change

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 20:34:04 EST 2008

Games for Change is happy to announce the 2009 Sixth Annual Games for Change
Festival to be held in New York City May 27 - 29!

Our opening keynote is author and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Nicholas
Kristof of the New York Times.

Other featured speakers include James Paul Gee, Mary Lou Fulton Presidential
Chair in Literacy Studies at Arizona State University; Seth Scheisel, New
York Times game critic; Tracy Fullerton, Director of the Electronic Arts
Game Innovation Lab and author of Game Design Workshop: A Playcentric
Approach to Designing Innovative Games;
<http://www.amazon.com/Game-Design-Workshop-Second-Playcentric/dp/0240809742
/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210724335&sr=8-1> Eric Zimmerman, CEO
of Gamelab and author of Rules of Play; Mary Flanagan, Director of the
Tiltfactor Lab; Ian Bogost, CEO of Persuasive Games and author of Unit
Operations: An Approach to Videogame Criticism; Heather Chaplin, journalist
(NPR, NYT) and author of Smart Bomb, and many others.

Back by popular demand is the 101 Workshop on May 27 for those new to making
social issue games. And this year we'll be featuring the first-ever Newsgame
Award at the Expo Night on May 28th, sponsored by the Knight Foundation.
And as always, we'll have expert panels, provocative lunch discussions, and
ample networking opportunities.

For more information, please see the festival web site:
http://gamesforchange.org/fest2009 <http://gamesforchange.org/fest2009>

We look forward to seeing you there!

Suzanne

Suzanne Seggerman
President, Co-founder
Games for Change
http://www.gamesforchange.org
cell: 917.478.4772

--
Susan Gold
goldfile at gmail.com

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde