[game_edu] New Masters Degree in Game Design, Sweden

Craig Lindley Craig.Lindley at hgo.se
Sat Jan 26 14:30:10 EST 2008

Dear Joahn

There are (currently) no tuition fees for international students
attending Swedish universities. There may be some student union
fees, which would be a couple of tens of UK pounds per year.

Re prerequisites, we've left this quite open, since there are disciplines
that could be a good background that are not those associated with
core game development areas. E.g. someone could have a medical
degree and be interested in games for diagnosis and therapy. Hence
any degree is the basic prerequisite. In practice I expect that most
applicants will have computing science, game programming, digital
media, animation, etc.. I have no idea how Swedish standards
relate to the UK CATS system, but I think Sweden is quite different.
E.g. I'm aware of quite a few programs where they only grade
students according to very good, good and fail!

I hope this helps. Please email me again if
you have any more questions.

best regards,
Craig

>>> "JOHN HOLFORD-CLAMP" <JHC at ccb.ac.uk> 01/24/08 3:47 PM >>>

Dear Craig

Thank you for your email. Can I get clarification surrounding 'no
fees'? We run a Top-up in Multimedia and the course may be of some
interest to our students whose work leans more towards Games Design. I
would be grateful if you could also forward details of academic
achievement prerequisites preferably linking to the UK's CATS system
where possible if not whatever system you use and we can then map it
against the aforementioned.

I look forward to your response.

------------------------------------

John Holford-Clamp
Programme Area Leader
Digital Arts & Photography
Centre for Visual & Performing Arts
City College Brighton and Hove
Pelham Street,
Brighton
BN1 4FA
Tel: +44 (0)1273 667788 x507
e-mail: jhc at ccb.ac.uk

>>> "Craig Lindley" <Craig.Lindley at hgo.se> 24/01/2008 14:39 >>>

Dear All

Please find attached a word dopcument describing a new 1-year masters
degree
in game design, to be conducted at Blekinge Institute of Technology in
the South
of Sweden. The program starts in August 2008.

The program will be taught in English and is open (without fees) to
international
as well as Swedish students.

best regards,
Craig Lindley