[game_edu] IGF Student Competition/GDC

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 20:22:08 EDT 2008

Independent Games Festival (IGF) Announces Call For Submissions has been
announced.
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19234

I am not sure if everyone knows, but last year the Seumas McNally Grand
Prize went to the student who developed Crayon Physics Deluxe.

http://www.igf.com/

I highly recommend pointing your students and their games to the website. I
know students must submit their games by November 15, 2008 ­ but I heard
they don't need to be PERFECT until show time ­ March 23rd (I can not vouch
for this, it is just something I overheard at the post-mortem). Also, I
recommend having all students check out the games that are submitted for
IGF. They can see what other students have submitted in the past, it is a
great sample of rather ingenious games.

Student Competition Finalist are invited to attend the Games Developer
Conference (GDC) and receive a complimentary pass and get to show off their
games to everyone at the conference. It is my hope that we will have another
IGF student post-mortem as well as game design workshops for educators as a
part of our conference plans. Last year our post-mortem had a lot of head
hunters and recruiters in the audience. This is an incredible opportunity
for your students to get recognition, great networking and hopefully
opportunities.

Hope everyone is having a great summer,

Susan
--
Prof. Susan Gold
Chair, IGDA Education SIG

--
Susan Gold
goldfile at gmail.com

³In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!² - J. G. Ballard