[game_edu] Are games art?

Beth Aileen Dillon beth.a.dillon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 16:15:27 EDT 2008

I thought someone here might want to debate on this topic! Chris Crawford
recently responded to 'Are games art?' on Notes on Game Dev. I'd love to get
everyone else's take on this matter, especially given Crawford's general
view on industry. "In other computing industries, the size of a program is
measured by the number of lines of code; in the games industry, it is
measured by the number of newbies you burn out during the project."

Are we educating students to send them off to burn out or is there a hope to
foster creative input?

See http://gamedev.sessions.edu/special/art/ for posting comments.

- Beth

--