[game_edu] We are looking for Advisory Board Members

Robert Starks RStarks at collinscollege.edu
Thu Mar 6 14:11:46 EST 2008

Hello,

My name is Robert Starks and I am the Director of Career Services at
Collins College in Tempe, AZ (www.collinscollege.edu
<http://www.collinscollege.edu/> ). I want to thank all of you who make
up the IGDA Education SIG. This community has been a great resource and
it is refreshing to see the partnership between the game community and
education.

Collins College offers a Game Design and Game Art program. Our Game
Design program had its first graduates in October, 2005. We have been
appreciative to our local community who has been involved in our
Advisory Board meetings and we are looking to gain new members who can
provide commentary/feedback on our curriculum and its ability to meet
the needs of the industry.

If anyone would be willing to participate, we'd love to have you. Our
next Advisory Board for our Game Design program is scheduled for
Thursday, March 27th at 12:00PM MST. We can coordinate a conference
call to have you participate and email you documents in advance to
review our curriculum.

Our accrediting body requires us to document the industry experience of
our members which is most effectively done by obtaining a resume. If
you are interested, please send me an email at
rstarks at collinscollege.edu with your resume attached so we can record
you as a member of our Advisory Board.

I look forward to hearing from any interested participants.

-Regards-

Robert Starks

Director of Career Services

Collins College

(480) 377-9521

(800) 876-7070 ext. 521

Our Mission:

Career Services is committed to the personal empowerment of developing
professionals through successful partnerships and quality customer
service. We achieve this by building industry relationships, providing
employment direction and opportunity, and promoting life skill
development