[game_edu] A new resource on gender, gaming, and computing

Carrie Heeter heeter at msu.edu
Fri Mar 7 13:34:18 EST 2008

Dear IGDA Educators,

investiGaming.com is a free gateway to research on gender, gaming and
computing for the game industry, game design educators and students, and
academic game researchers.

http://investigaming.com

investiGaming is a publication of the Serious Game Design group in the
Department of Telecommunication, Information Studies, and Media at Michigan
State University, 2007-2008. This gateway is partially supported by a grant
from the National Science Foundation.

Please make use of and help me grow this gateway. I have used the gateway
in a special topics course, in which students searched the knowledgebase,
selected intriguing articles, and wrote implications for game design. The
gateway can also be useful to student design teams seeking to understand
target gaming audiences.

The Collection Casts a Wide Net
. Academic Research
. Industry Research
. Gender and Gaming
. Gender and Computing
. Other Gender Research with Implications for Gaming

A Gateway for Game Industry Professionals
. Quick Search hundreds of abstracts
. Del.icio.us Tags for browsing
. Implications for game design

A Resource for Academic Games Research
. Extensive bibliography
. Hundreds of abstracts
. Links to retrieve full articles

A Resource for Game Design Students
. Use the gateway during project brainstorming
. Independent study or special topics courses to critically interpret
research implications for game design

What Are We Missing?
. Please add your current and future work!
. Tell us about other research
. Help us get in touch with conference organizers

-- Carrie Heeter, Ph.D.
-- heeter at msu.edu
-- Serious Game Designer
-- Professor of Telecommunication, Information Studies, and Media
-- Michigan State University