[game_edu] High School Teacher Training / Perkins Grants

Ace Clarke carymanus at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 09:18:37 EDT 2008

Eric,
You can go to www.ncsu.edu/project/stemgaming as a resource. North Carolina is currently testing a two year curriculum project in game art and design, you can learn more about it at http://news.ncsu.edu/features/2008/03/game-art-design-feature.php

Eric Renz-Whitmore <ewhitmore at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everyone.

Two somewhat related questions:

First, we're planning some workshops for High School teachers in our region to help them incorporate games and game design work in their classes (primarily science and math). Are there any particularly good resources you've seen used for this? Any model programs?

Partially related, are there any game industry recognized certifications you've used or seen used for Perkins Grant funding? Anything in a related field?

Best wishes,

eric

--
"Death is a primitive concept; I prefer to think of it as battling evil - in another dimension!" -- Grig

For more information about NM Media-related Events, visit: http://nm-media.blogspot.com/
--

Eric Renz-Whitmore, Program Coordinator
ARTS Lab