[game_edu] Where to post academic job offers?

Ian Schreiber ai864 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 10:25:18 EDT 2008

I'd agree, but would add that having a terminal degree in any field (other than perhaps the field of education) does not qualify someone to teach, either. As you say, teaching is a skill of its own.

I think the point being made isn't that knowledge of a field qualifies a person to teach it; rather, that knowledge is a prerequisite -- you can't teach something that you don't know. And really, the only way to know game design is to design some games.

- Ian

Michael Lee <toriuke at yahoo.com> wrote:
I would say however that to suggest that success in any field qualifies someone to teach is perhaps a bit optimistic.