[game_edu] Where to post academic job offers?

Brenda Brathwaite bbrathwa at scad.edu
Thu Mar 20 22:32:44 EDT 2008

Erin -

Interesting you bring up the worry about not being able to design professionally due to teaching. I had that *exact* worry, and deliberated over it a lot before making the leap. I expected my days of commercial game dev were over, but that I might get some consulting work every now and again.

Wow - did I underestimate the need for designers! In the two years I've been teaching, I've worked on 2 commercial titles in a design role (both AAA console titles) as well as multiple funky projects that I couldn't have worked on otherwise (some facebook stuff, lots of non-digital work, OneHundredDogs, etc.). All told - and in all seriousness - I was out of the industry for 11 hours before I got my first consulting gig.

Brenda

Brenda Brathwaite, Game Designer and Professor
Savannah College of Art and Design

blog: bbrathwaite.wordpress.com