[game_edu] Where to post academic job offers?

Erin Hoffman erin.n.hoffman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 22:55:42 EDT 2008

Thanks, Brenda, Ian, and Tim -- and I apologize if I derailed the
conversation with that concern. But your thoughts are very reassuring. I
jumped freelance last fall and I know exactly what you mean. It's odd,
because most of the time it seems like everyone and their cousin wants to be
a game designer, and yet the state of the industry is such that there are
shortages everywhere right now, though of course taking into consideration
the catch 22 that you have to have experience to get experience. It does
seem like everyone's looking for experienced designers these days. Exciting
times. I would suppose that one's involvement with the commercial industry
is limited more by one's own willingness to stay involved than anything
else, then.

Now back on the rails!

--Erin