[game_edu] inquiry from the press

Leo Moreno lmoreno at avhsd.org
Thu Oct 9 12:16:55 EDT 2008

Maybe we can provide example legal forms for students to protect themselves before they begin work. If not a database of their rights and how the industry retain ownership.

Leonard A. Moreno - InfoTech Instructor
FalconTech Pathway
Regional Occupational Programs
Palmdale High School
(661) 273-3181 x.362
http://infotech.phsfalcons.org
"No Child Left Unplugged"

>>> S.Gold <goldfile at gmail.com> 10/8/2008 1:34 PM >>>

I got a phone call this afternoon and wanted to share the gist of it with
you. I would also like to get your feedback (also let me know if you want me
to share it with the press).

Apparently some schools retain the ownership of all projects created by
their students. This has made it difficult if not impossible for graduates
to publish their games after leaving the schools. What do you think of these
policies ... and is it something that the IGDA or we as a SIG should/would
want to look into and perhaps influence?

Thanks,
Susan

--
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!
- J. G. Ballard