[game_edu] Education Summit GDC 2009 – March 22-23, 2009, San Francisco, CA

S.Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 20:00:58 EDT 2008

GDC 2009 – March 22-23, 2009, San Francisco, CA
I am very excited to share with everyone that we will be holding an
education summit at the 2009 GDC San Francisco. We have put together a
unique combination of educators to teach workshops in things such as
Mechanics, Dynamics & Aesthetics (MDA), Game Design without Computers, Rapid
Prototyping with Flash. We will share experimental and inventive practices
to fuel the development of game education. This is a rare professional
development opportunity for novice or experienced game educators alike. In
this 2-day /2-track workshop we will be exploring areas of innovative design
and programming. There will be game blasts, post-mortems, interactive
hands-on workshop sessions, great keynote speakers, a poster session and a
networking lunch with industry. Special invited keynotes are Jane McGonigal
and Jesse Schell. The overall goal is for participants of this workshop to
be able to integrate knowledge gained into new classroom activities,
resources, discussions and curricula.

Susan
--
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!
- J. G. Ballard