[game_edu] Game studies and the economy

DeAnne Preston DPreston at collinscollege.edu
Wed Apr 1 14:01:56 EDT 2009

I was at the GDC for the sole purpose of talking with employers about
entry-level and paid internship positions and what I found was that few
were actively recruiting for entry-level positions. Some of the smaller
companies said specifically that because they have small staffs they
must hire candidates with some industry experience.

There was some interest in recent graduates for mobile game development
and to create flash games for web sites.

The exceptions, as always, were for entry level programming candidates
with several languages under their belt, and for the 'Super Star' artist
students.

DeAnne Preston
Collins College

Career Services Advisor, Game Design