[game_edu] Game studies and the economy

Scott Maddock smaddock at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:11:17 EDT 2009

Certainly true, though not always the case, sadly. I was laid off right at
the start of the economic downturn, and found job listings for a designer
(the same position I was vacating) *the same day* on Gamasutra.

I count myself particularly lucky to be employed...I may have been the only
game developer in the country *hired* in December of 2008 =P

Erin's article makes a good point, though. The fiscal year for many
companies is just ending now, so we may see an increase in hiring soon.