[game_edu] Game studies and the economy

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:07:33 EDT 2009

On 02/04/09 9:51 AM, "Seth Sivak" <sjsivak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, most of the first year students have managed to get summer intenships,

> so they do exist.  A large number of students are going to EA, Activision and

> 2K.  I know of at least one going to LucasArts and a bunch going to other

> smaller studios.

But this is something that your particular Grad Program has in place with
those studios. Every year your program has a commitment from those studios
to take an allotted number of students. A majority of schools do not have
agreements with studios to take interns.

I am working on a solution to the lack of internship opportunities and
accessibility to the information ­ however the solution will not be in place
to help most students looking for summer internships 2009. I should be
making an announcement in the next two weeks once we have all of the details
in place and it is ready to go live. My goal is to have something that works
globally not just in North America.

Stay tuned,

Susan

--
Susan Gold
sgold at btrout.com

"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."
Oscar Wilde