[game_edu] Man under a Bus Survey

Jose P. Zagal jzagal at cdm.depaul.edu
Fri Apr 3 22:21:08 EDT 2009

First of, I agree with a lot of what Ian says...I just want to nitpick
one particular point. Apologies.

> There's a lot of focus on that third one, and whether someone else could

> deliver my content as well as I can. Of course they can't; it's my

> content, so I'm the one who can present it the best.

Not necessarily true. I know people who can create excellent lesson
plans, incredible slides, design great exercises, and so on... but
aren't particularly great at delivering, leading discussions,
presenting, etc. (by analogy, great screenwriters aren't necessarily
great actors, good comedians don't necessarily write their own material
either, and so on)

Creating your own material is a great boon, and it may be in that many
cases the creator is the best at presenting..but not always. My point is
that "delivery" matters. In fact, some would argue that delivery is what
matters MOST. Why does MIT have the opencourseware project? Because "the
content" isn't the most important thing. :-)

Jose

Could someone else