[game_edu] guidance for students and parents

Ian Schreiber ai864 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 00:18:54 EDT 2009

To be fair to Susan, I was actually tasked with bringing the "Breaking In" site up to date last year. It was paused due to the general IGDA website update and then I was delayed with Global Game Jam. I would love to take on the project again this Summer, and even put a call out for volunteers over on the student-action list (who are, ironically, discussing the same exact thing as we are over here :).

As I mentioned earlier, to me that *is* the solution: educate the prospective students and parents about the industry and about choosing a school. Empower them to make the right decisions, and (hopefully) predatory schools will find it much harder to attract talent. I'm willing to put some effort into the content and design, but I do need some help on the Web/implementation side of things. If any of you are willing to help (or have students who would like to), I'd love to hear from you off-list about it.

- Ian