[game_edu] guidance for students and parents

Erin Hoffman erin.n.hoffman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 01:57:19 EDT 2009

In addition to Jeff Ward's article, I like to point to Tom Sloper's site for
a wealth of information, some of which has specifically to do with the
question of going to a "game school" or a "regular" university, and on
evaluating schools:

http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson44.htm

I can also say that, having spoken to and spoken with some of the Westwood
students (as Sean came here to defend), they're very sharp and certainly of
a caliber with game students I've met from other programs. One from the
group I spoke with last year contacted me recently with news that he'd
gotten his first job in the industry (I'd referred him to a couple of
places). I think, in a way, that having to make up for the crummy
commercials has forced a quality increase (hi Sean ;) ).

--Erin