[game_edu] Here goes the first shoe . . .

Susan Gold sgold at btrout.com
Tue Apr 14 21:00:08 EDT 2009

I think this is an interesting topic, but please everyone, this is not a
pick on the ³for profit² program listserv. This is for thoughtful discourse.
Note, since this a lawsuit, I know students and school representatives can
not even discuss this in an open forum.

I hope that we all respect each other enough to realize that all programs
have some great and some bad instructors. Pointing a finger also means that
you have three fingers pointing back at yourself.

The type of thing that would make sense to me is if we can find a way to
help these students. Maybe they should all take Ian¹s Free Summer Game
Design class? What other ideas might we be able to give them?

Susan

On 4/14/09 5:47 PM, "kevin at kogsspin.com" <kevin at kogsspin.com> wrote:

> Well, here's a topic we've all tried to step carefully around. I know

> a lot of innocent people have been affected by this and some more will

> probably be affected by the upcoming lawsuit. It will be interesting

> to see what sort of traction the story gains and how the public and

> the industry react. Nothing against Westwood . . . this was bound to

> happen to some program some time -- especially one of the for-profit

> ones.

> http://www.videosift.com/video/Westwood-College-Sued-For-Fraud

> --Kevin

Susan Gold
sgold at btrout.com

"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."
Oscar Wilde