[game_edu] Here goes the first shoe . . .

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Wed Apr 15 18:41:08 EDT 2009

Robert Farr wrote:

> I find myself wondering if more could be done to instil a 'go out and learn'

> mindset in students, maybe often-times that is what's missing.

I think for a lot of students, binning World of Warcraft subscriptions
etc. might help ;) At least that's some of the horror stories I've heard
- MMO "addiction". :)

Going out and learning needs something interested to get into - external
projects on the web perhaps, modding maybe (Especially if you're doing
design), doing it with fellow students in a club...

Any course probably should encourage it, but it can't exactly structure
that kind of additional work and self-teaching...just wouldn't really
work to everyone's tastes, and some people just do much more work on
their class projects so they don't have time for other things.

Andrew