[game_edu] Here goes the first shoe . . .

Robert Farr goldensword at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 15 19:13:32 EDT 2009

- MMO "addiction". :)

Hehe, yeah, someone dropped out during the first year to "play WoW", which
may or may not have been a waste of ability, there's always going to be a
number of people who are chaff and would never thrive in the games industry
I won't know myself until I've been through a crunch but it's a risk I'm
willing to take.

I suppose one of the ways I have in mind is just to provide information on
community & knowledge hubs that relate to various different aspects of games
development, like the SIGs in IGDA, various sites like Gamasutra, sloperama
(I'm sure you know all of these), its up to people then to take the
initiative and dig around to see what're in these hubs.

Many students probably aren't even aware of EA spouse and Quality of Life
issues within industry, etc etc