[game_edu] Here goes the first shoe . . .

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:37:06 EDT 2009

I'm not sure I agree with this. Keeping up to date on what's going on
in the competing games elsewhere in the market is a valuable skill.
It's one thing to be taught, for instance, quest design; it's another
to be taught it, and then think critically about it when you go home
and do a quest in WoW that night. Where would we be if we trained a
bunch of kids how to program for games, but told them we don't want
them actually to play games?

There's always going to be people trying to make it in life without
trying. The people I'd want to work with are the ones that are able to
learn everything from school AND balance their own personal gameplay
at the same time -- time management is a critical skill often ignored
by educational institutions.

-Dan