[game_edu] A new tool for educational video game design

Rene St-Pierre rene at clikmedia.ca
Sun Aug 2 09:08:50 EDT 2009

A new tool for educational video game design

Hi,

In November 2008 as a speaker in the serious games category of the Montreal
International Game Summit (MIGS) 2008, I presented the results of my
doctoral dissertation on educational video game design. I believe that the
research and creative methodology of my dissertation can be very useful in
school, extracurricular (museum, cultural centre, etc.) and business
contexts for equipping art, science and technology trainers, facilitators
and instructors and such professionals in other fields conducive to the use
of educational or serious games. I also believe that the website presenting
my work might be useful to your professional community working in game art &
design, educational video game development, research and promotion.

Here is the link to MIGS 2008:
http://www.sijm.ca/2008/en-contributors-2.html
<http://www.sijm.ca/2008/en-contributors-2.html>

And the link to the Web version of my dissertation:
http://www.clikmedia.ca/CM/ <http://www.clikmedia.ca/CM/>

I am available to answer your questions or to collaborate in the development
of your professional and research community.

I was also wondering if you do have in mind a name that you could refer to
me as someone who would be interested with this specific subject?

Sincerely,

René St-Pierre
M.A. Communication
Ph.D. Art Studies and Practices