[game_edu] Happy Solstice & Happy Holidays

Susan Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 10:39:07 EST 2009

As you all are getting ready for Winter Break I just wanted to say
thank you to everyone who has participated in the list. There is so
much info and good dialog that goes on that I really enjoy reading it
(most of the time). We have much to look forward to in the new year.
The Global Game Jam will start everything off (currently we have 114
locations in 34 countries - yes, there is still time for you to join
us http://globalgamejam.org) and I am sure much more will grow from
that experience. Additionally, we will have a great GDC EdSummit with
a focus on collaboration. We have sessions from speakers within
industry and academy that encompass the whole globe. Our keynotes will
be over the top as well - I am always excited by what happens at GDC.
Then we really get into conference season over the summer. I have been
asked to create content for many different organizations and if you
have something that is of particular interest to the academic
community on game education, please give me a shout. Pretty soon we
have to start discussion on the next draft of the curriculum framework
which will be published again in 2012. We should also consider some
elections, maybe someone out there wants to replace me? So there is a
lot on our plate, I look forward to you volunteering for some of these
things.

Have a wonderful happy and healthy holiday.

Susan
--
Susan Gold
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!