[game_edu] CFP: IEEE Consumer Electronics Society's Games Innovation Conference

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:35:19 EST 2009

The International IEEE Consumer Electronics Society's Games Innovations
Conference 2009 (ICE-GIC 09) aims to be a platform for innovative research
in games technologies and to make these technologies more accessible to
academia and industry. The conference will take place in central London in
UK between 25th-28th August 2009. Areas of interest of ICE-CIG 2009 include,
but not limited to:

Games Technologies Innovations

1. Display technologies and interfaces for games
2. Audio technologies for games
3. Mixed reality technologies
4. Serious games
5. Artificial intelligence technologies for games
6. Science of games
7. Development tools for games
8. Software engineering processes for game
9. Social impact of games technologies

Creativity in Games

1. Designing for mixed-reality gaming
2. Innovations in commercial models in games
3. Machinima
4. Game Sound and Music
5. Games innovations in education

Games Innovation in Education

> The goal of the joint IEEE & IGDA Game Education Track is to present

> experiences and discuss new ideas regarding educational issues in the broad

> field of game education. We are seeking high quality, original contributions,

> for presentation during the conference and publication.

We also seek panel proposals aiming to present different points of view on
topics relevant for specific game oriented education. We invite submissions
related to, but not limited to, the following topics:

* Teaching game design and development in computer science curriculum and
other disciplines;
* Exploiting game design and development in teaching Science, Technology,
Engineering and Mathematics (STEM);
* Experimental programs on using games to help facilitate learning;
* Rapid prototyping skills and group dynamics applied in game education;
* Teaching agile development as a metaphor;
* Utilizing collaborative development tools in the classroom;

> * using game education as a way to interface with a digital generation

> * open source tools utilized in game curriculum to learn development concepts

Important Dates
Paper Submission: 10th April, 2009
Notifications of Acceptance: 1st June, 2009
Camera Ready Paper Submission: 15th June 2009
Proposals for Special Sessions: 15th January 2009
Notification of Acceptance for Special Sessions: 30th January, 2009
Proposals for Tutorials: 1st March 2009

http://ice-gic.ieee-cesoc.org/