[game_edu] Creating a new resource

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:34:31 EST 2009

As some of you know I also sit on the ACM SIGGRAPH Education committee as
the Co-Chair of Games & Interactive Media. In the interest of creating a
complete and fully functional index of programs, I have accepted their offer
to include game curricula into the ACM SIGGRAPH index. This is our first
cross organizational project (IGDA EdSIG & SIGGRAPH Education). I really
feel this will be the best way to collect & share information.

The ACM SIGGRAPH Education Index is now fully functional. It's available on
the ACM SIGGRAPH Education Committee site at
http://education.siggraph.org/resources/directory/ (backslash required).

The ACM SIGGRAPH Education Index strives to be a comprehensive online
interactive database of academic programs that offer computer graphics,
digital arts, interactive media and games curricula. The Index can be a
valuable resource for students researching schools, for educators seeking to
connect with other educators, and for professionals who want to broaden
their skills.

Through a research effort by the ACM SIGGRAPH Education Committee, over 400
college programs have been identified and entered into the database to form
its foundation. But there are many hundreds more that need to be included,
and many existing programs whose data needs to be corrected. We're relying
on members of the global education community to make this happen. That
probably means you!

To search the database, simply select the available search fields. To add or
edit your program, simply log in with your ACM/SIGGRAPH account/address (or
create one at https://campus.acm.org/public/accounts/create.cfm). If you're
an educator, please take a moment out of your busy day to make sure your
program is properly represented on the ACM SIGGRAPH Education Index.

And please be sure to spread the word among your colleagues worldwide. The
ACM SIGGRAPH Education Index will become an invaluable global resource _if_
we all do our part.

Susan

--
Prof. Susan Gold
Chair, IGDA Education SIG

"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression
and knowledge." - Albert Einstein