[game_edu] IGDA board candidates

Casey O'Donnell odonnc at rpi.edu
Wed Feb 4 10:39:33 EST 2009

I tend to come at it from the other direction. Explaining to people
that a "Game Developer" can actually mean many things. The assumption
that "developers" are engineers has more to do with the broad
misunderstanding that games are only made by engineers. While WE know
that it takes designers, artists (of many shapes and sizes),
engineers, managers (producers, project managers, ...), I tend to
explain to people that these are all game development jobs.

Part of it comes from "software developers" tending to mean "software
engineers." But I tend to try and reclaim the term than to redefine
it. I understand the goal, but I hate to jettison the word.

Best.
Casey

--
Casey O'Donnell, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Telecommunications

http://www.caseyodonnell.org