[game_edu] IGDA EdSIG and the Intel Software Development Program

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 17:09:20 EST 2009

One of the things that I have heard in the past is that educators do not
have access to the same tools that professional developers have. I have been
trying to resolve that by making inquiries and seeing what various companies
might be willing to do and encourage. I have been talking with Intel and
they have a Software Partner program that we can participate in without a
lot red tape.

What I have done is set up and IGDA Ed SIG account with them and you are
welcome to enroll and start up projects. To be honest anyone can enroll in
the program and create projects on your own. The only advantage is that by
doing this through the SIG we will advance to higher membership status
quicker because of the amount of programs and projects that we would be
doing under our name. We will start at as an associate member and hopefully
with all of us working under the Ed SIG account get additional benefits
(higher discounts up to 50%) as our numbers and projects grow. You will be
provided with the same benefits as the SIG, demo units, discounts, etc... I
would like to encourage you to sign up under the SIG¹s account.

Here are a few points that outline what they provide:
* Intel is the #1 supplier of PC Graphics. 42% of overall market, 62% of
integrated.
* Technical resources. Optimize your software for Intel architecture with
help from interactive developer communities. Get a 30% rebate (with more
projects, the higher the discount we all get) on the purchase of an Intel
processor-based computer system for use in developing, optimizing, and
tuning your applications. And take advantage of a free 45-day trial of
select Intel® Software Development Products.
* Marketing and sales resources. List your solution in the Intel Developer
Solutions Catalog ‹ your first step in promoting and selling your solutions
in the channel marketplace ‹ and generate demand for your solutions through
sales campaign resources.
* Enabling for Multi-core Technology. Multi-core technology employs fully
parallel execution of multiple software threads to enhance user experiences
in multitasking environments. This architecture is ideal in environments in
which a number of foreground applications run concurrently with a number of
background applications, such as virus protection and security, wireless,
management, compression, encryption and synchronization.
* Demo Units and financial support for delivering conferences

This is the note that Intel sent to me, Intel Corporation is increasing its
activities with software developers in education.

We are currently seeking developers who are developing titles that will fit
any of the following:
1. compatible with DirectX 9.0/10.0 or OpenGL1.5/2.0
2. could be adapted to our new Mobile Internet Devices
(netbooks/smartphones) using the Intel Atom
Or
1. Digital Content Creators utilizing multi-core processing.

We would like it invite your group to become a members of our Intel®
Software Partner Program. For those who participate, our no cost program
offers development and marketing resources and benefits. More details of our
program are available at http://www.intel.com/partner/visualcomputing and
clicking on Member Benefits.

Add Joining code here. ASMO1 (promotion code)

You can contact Dennis directly and he can explain more technical issues
with you and if you are interested in taking advantage of the resources and
benefits available or simply enroll while visiting their website.

Our account Manager is:
Dennis Cruz
Intel Enabling Manager
Dennisx.h.cruz at intel.com
(801) 786-5697

Susan
--

Prof. Susan Gold
Chair, IGDA Education SIG

"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression
and knowledge." - Albert Einstein