[game_edu] IGDA Board votes still needed pls

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 18:13:35 EST 2009

That may not be the case; as far as some schools go, in cases where
the student government association (or in my case, student bar
association) is being asked to reimburse the cost of a membership in
the relevant trade association, the governing body may not approve the
reimubursment if a student account is available but the person selects
a full account.

For instance, my student bar association's senate is authorized by the
school to reimburse students for memberships into things like IGDA
(for a student looking to go into gaming law), various ABA
subdivisions (for students wanting to join the ABA's two MMORPG
committees, etc.) However, we are only authorized to do that in two
situations: when a student account is available AND the student
chooses that account; OR when no student account is available AND the
student chooses the next least expensive account. Exceptions in order
to get voting rights would not be approved

-Dan