[game_edu] Summer internships in gaming?

Andrew Smith iceace17 at msn.com
Wed Feb 18 15:40:34 EST 2009

Hey all,

My name is Andrew Smith and I spent last summer doing my internship at Emagination Computer camp in PA.

I was looking for an internship at a game company like EA or Lucas Arts, but when I failed to land one, (It is extremely hard) I chose to spend 6 weeks at Emagination being an instructor / councilor. It was a great experience and it helped me find a love for teaching and being around helping the kids. I plan on going back to Emagination this summer if I do not find a job at GDC in March as a game artist. It may not be the "ideal" internship your students are looking for, but it is a worthwhile experience and I loved every minute of it.

Regards,
Andrew Smith
www.SmithAnimation.com