[game_edu] Serious Games

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:09:32 EST 2009

The Fourth Annual I/ITSEC Serious Games Showcase & Challenge

Call for Serious Games Entries
http://www.iitsec.org/; http://www.sgschallenge.com

November 30 - December 3, 2009, Orlando, Florida, USA

Serious Game developers are invited to submit their original PC-based
serious game to the Fourth Annual I/ITSEC Serious Games Showcase &
Challenge. The goal of the Serious Games Showcase & Challenge is to promote
innovative game-based solutions to training problems. Finalists in the
Serious Game Showcase & Challenge will be selected by a panel of serious
games leaders in the military, industry, and academic fields, and will be
invited to showcase their serious game at I/ITSEC 2009, where over 17,000
attendees will view and vote on each of the finalists.

The Challenge is open to a wide range of contestants; categories include
student, government, and business. Prizes will be awarded to top contestants
in those categories. Entered games can include modifications to existing
games and virtual worlds as well as original development. All entries will
be judged in four primary areas: Use of Gaming Characteristics, Solution to
a Stated Problem; Technical Quality; and Playability/Usability. For the
purpose of the Challenge, entries will be considered a serious game if they
have gaming attributes, involve an assigned challenge, and employ some form
of positive and/or negative reward system.

Check www.sgschallenge.com for important details.
ACT NOW!

Sponsorships are available for the 2009 event

contact Ms Debbie Dyson DDyson at NDIA.ORG

--
Sincerely
Serious Games Showcase & Challenge

--
Susan Gold
Skype: tahoegold

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde