[game_edu] ESA Foundation Computer and Video Game Scholarship Program

Ian Schreiber ai864 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 16:19:41 EST 2009

>Feel free to give me you thoughts on the program. The degree focuses on design

>(graphics) not actual game programing, however we suggest sutdents take

>programing as an elective.

Wait, wait...

Does the degree focus on design, or graphics? Those are two very different things. Any use of the word "design" implies game design: creating the rules of the game. Design is not visual art, nor is it programming. See latest iteration of the IGDA curriculum framework for details.

I bring this up here because these are the very kinds of things that are potentially confusing, both for students and for the game companies that will ultimately decide whether to hire those students.

- Ian