[game_edu] Gaming Conventions

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 17:17:28 EST 2009

Found you one. Digital Overload 2009, March 6-8.

http://www.digital-overload.com/

It's the LAN party/Con/BYOC tourny for the webcomic Control-Alt-Delete.
(Which may inspire hatred in some). According to the FAQ last year's
attendance was over 600. So it's not huge by con standards, but a healthy
turnout by Lan party standards.

-Dan

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Liz M.E. Chung <lizchung at gmail.com> wrote:

> QuakeCon started the concept of the BYOC (Bring your own computer) event,

> with many organizations following soon after:

> the CPL, WSVG, GGL, WCG, Dreamhack, iSeries, the Gathering, Lanwar,

> MassiveLAN--mostly organizations that sponsor competitive gaming leagues and

> events.

> -M

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Seth Sivak <sjsivak at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I think that the biggest LAN event you can find is quakecon:

>> http://www.quakecon.org/ but that is after your time frame.

>> Although i have never used this site, it may help you :

>> http://www.lanpartymap.com/

>> Seth

>> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Johnnemann Nordhagen <

>> jnordhagen at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> GDC may not be what you're looking for, as it's primarily game industry

>>> professionals (who are mostly gamers, certainly, but who interact with the

>>> games they play in a different manner than just gamers).

>>> It's a great conference to go to for its own sake, of course.

>>> Johnnemann

Dan Rosenthal