[game_edu] Gaming Conventions

Andrew Greenberg hdiandrew at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 21 18:16:13 EST 2009

Hi Jordan:

Since you are in Georgia, I recommend you contact Computer Arena in Roswell (http://www.computerarena.com/). They have about the largest regular gathering of electronic gamers in the area. They do some pretty sizable LAN parties as well as competitive events.

>On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Jordan Lynn <jordanl at uga.edu> wrote:

>> Hello all,

>> I'm writing my Master's Thesis on the interaction between gamers and the

>> videogames they play; as such, I need to attend a gaming convention, massive

>> LAN party, or the like to interview experienced gamers. Unfortunately, the

>> convention I had planned to attend (Digital Overload) conflicts with other

>> scheduled events. I would like to ask if anyone on this list knows of any

>> other large-scale, videogame-related events, preferably on the East Coast

>> but not required, occurring between now and the end of March.

>> Thank you for your time,

>> -Jordan Lynn

>> Master's Student

>> Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication

>> University of Georgia

Respectfully,
Andrew Greenberg
www.holistic-design.com